translate

Tuesday 6 August 2013

A PAINFUL FACT (STOLEN) BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Stolen

By Fiona Cummings

Our hearts beat as one

With me he belonged

He knew what I thought about

There was never a need to shout

We shared a joke

He was made from my soul

Now he is fire

And I am the coal

There is a wedge between us

A poison which flows

Where ever he goes

Each word falls from his lips

Is a drug like state

As though going on trips

I have to watch his mistakes

A model I made

Something I created

With a disastrous ending

Just to be hated

His life he is spending

Love he is wasting

Going into an endless tunnel

Pushing a big heart through a narrow funnel

A neat mind chasing a hovel

A car crash

In rush hour

Rich trash

A prickly flower

How to avoid the thorns

A wild field

Next to manicured lawns

Can this be healed

I want to hide

Behind a shield

 

No comments: