translate

Monday 26 August 2013

ON REFLECTION

Hi our last day together before back to work. It’s been a busy two weeks here. What with the house, teen’s exam results and all going on with people he is in touch with and friends either in hospital or receiving bad news. So a lot of people to think about. On reflection, we have accomplished so much and for that I am grateful. Hub and I are exhausted not only physical but mentally. But we have done it and apart from one morning when my friend was a great help, we have achieved it on our own, not by choice, but by the opposite of having no choice. I am so proud of our house now. It is my house and I really feel so much better about it. OK, it’s not Northumberland, where I feel like I was taken away, of course for good reasons, but Northumberland is a place where my heart belonged, but it was also a place, where in the bad winters, we could have died and no one would have cared. Hub and I went out to do some gardening, and before we could say Jack Robinson, two of our neighbours were out and armed with garden secateurs. Next thing, three other neighbours were sitting on our old couch that has been rained on and even last night, two cats, were making out on it. Hahahaha. Yack? ell, the neighbours were quite comfortable. Great hearing from my teen today and he is home tonight. I told him to stand on the drive and I would hose him down…. He told me that he stepped in the mud as it was everywhere and before he knew it, it was over his boots. He also said he was going to a house and doing all his washing, before he came home. Perfect, life could not get better. He is home tonight, I have two days with him before he is going to college to talk to them so I pray, he will do something there. Loads to chat about as so much to tell you, but that will come tomorrow when I am working as normal. Till then, take care, as I care. xx

No comments: