translate

Thursday 22 August 2013

SO FAR

Here I sit again writing from a borrowed computer. So my fingers are not used to this keyboard. With introductions, Keyboard, fingers, finger, keyboard…. Now they know each other, let's see how they get on writing this blog? Still no word from the hospital where my beloved laptop stays rather unwell and with a very high temperature. We say "No news is good news!" It's a little after the pumpkin hour and I have been to bed, got up again and done some ironing. Now to de stress myself, I am talking to you all. Teen been away since we returned from our holiday/break. Came home for half an hour and back out to work. Arrived late in the evening, told me he was getting up early and off to school to collect his exam results. Then back home to a good old home cooked breakfast with his Mum and Step Dad, whilst we mull over his results. Then off to a nice place to celebrate. OK, not quite. Back to tell us very quickly his results and straight out with the girlfriend and her family. For about five days of drinking illegal alcohol and doing God knows what. He is off to a music festival. Oh he let me know tonight that they, as in the gf, her sister, her boyfriend, and her Father and his gf, were all going to a nightclub. Did the Father ask my permission? Of course not. Same as the Mother didn't bother asking if it would be OK to give a so called counsellor all teens details and arrange for a visit whilst we were on our break. Who am I? Just his Mother. So for the next week, I'm going to be out of my mind with worry. I'm emerged in so much rubbish. Recycling and sheets of paper. Boxes and huge bags, as we are upside down with the decorating. I'm sick of all that has happened with that. We hoped that our break would be stress free. In stead, the painter did half a job. So we are left with half a house done and furniture everywhere. One good thing is we have our bedroom done. It's lovely. Very warm and homely. He is a great painter, but because of personal reasons, his life is upside down, so his work is too. Hence, our half finished work Our joiner sadly can't do his part of the work, as his Mother died a couple of days ago. Shame for him poor thing. Our Plumber wanted to come tomorrow, but the decorator is not finished, not even almost finished. Then the plumber is off on holiday for a week. So a flipping nightmare. A lovely lady from church, the one who makes the delicious cakes, is coming to look at our garden on Friday with her Husband. Not because it is an exhibition/show garden, but they are looking to see if they may be able to keep it tidy for us. They may feel it's too much for them, let's wait and see. So my hall got finished today, it is pale cream, with one wall bright red. That is the wall with the mirror on. I will look for a bright red light shade and have some red accessories. Today, my friend Beanie came and worked hard bless her. First taking me to PC world to leave my pc in I hope and pray capable hands. You see if my lap top has to go back to its factory setting, which means I loss my software which makes my computer talk. Nightmare, as that is £800 to re buy. I can't just go into a shop and purchase a laptop, and start working it. I have to send away for the software which costs the above. That on top of a lap top cost, is simply too much. So I pray, they will fix it. Then Beanie took me to buy some cushion covers for our new couch. I bought one that is like fur. It is cream. The other two are cream velvet and the last one, is cream, with gold. Same as my wallpaper. Then into the paint shop. To find out my wall paper which should have been ordered two weeks ago, was not in as promised, so will get it tomorrow. I bought some paint. I had a Fi Blogget moment. He asked me the most ridiculous question. "What would you like your paint in?" My face showed shock as I could not believe the foolish question and answered as though to say, you crazy man, "What would I like my paint in? A tin!" Hahahah. Hub was there and said Oh my God. It took a while to click; he meant gloss or mat finish. Oh well. Hub has had a couple of weeks off work, and I think he will be glad to get back to work. As it has been hard work here. Well, our painter was to take four max five days to finish. Today is day five, and he has not even started the papering as yet. Because he didn't order the paper when he should have done and because he started an outside job when he should have been doing ours. I guess the moral of this blog is, not to rely on anyone but you. If you want to do a good job, do it yourself, if you can't do it yourself, pray you find people who one, want to work and two who will honour their word. On the plus side, our bedroom is lovely and it was awful. Now please be with me over the next few days whilst my Son is with that blooming irresponsible family. X

No comments: