translate

Thursday 29 August 2013

LIFE GOES ON BY FIONA CUMMINGSLife goes on

Life goes on By Fiona Cummings A beautiful butterfly Chose not to fly In stead With wings of red Kissed the sky He sat in a treetop Catching a raindrop On a fragranced bloom Like on an air balloon Waiting for take off Along came beside him a moth Before I could blink An owl I’m sure it did wink Then a tiny finch Last space on the branch he did pinch Sitting there I wondered why Then the heavens opened straight from the sky I ran under a tree And tried to hide Under huge yellow leaves Watching fingers opening From the hands of the trees As though drinking fine wine Were the oaks and the pine Relief from the sun I guess it can’t be fun? All day in the burning heat Rain must be a treat A starling washes his feet In a nearby puddle A lady fights with an umbrella Getting herself into a muddle I wanted to shout and tell her To come and share my tree My dry house Where there’s no need for a key As these trees have history And a good memory Secrets they keep to themselves Till the day they die and become shelves Then books are placed on them And they live on As nature intended Life it goes on

No comments: