translate

Friday 16 August 2013

LONDON PART 2


So, the show, the person from the TV show Sex in the city, spent the whole production, drunk and on drugs. “Acting of course. Half the time I could not understand her. The rest of the actors/actresses, were fantastic. We could just about follow it, though we do not know if the old man got shot, and if so, who by? All I can say, is there was a big bang like a gun shot. The guy, who had the other main part, was fantastic. He could really sing too, but only sang two half  songs. Why? Not really sure. It was a rather dark production and full. Probably the people who were meant to go to the other show, ending up same place as us?

At the end of it, a huge guy with an Australian accent asked if he could show us a taxi? We thanked him, I thought, well the lady who was meant to come for us, must have been busy.

He took my hand, and he had the biggest hands. We went out of a side door, and he got us a cab immediately. This is the great thing about London. Taxi’s come regular.

Got in the cab. I said to Hub, nice staff?

Hub said, he was not staff. He was a member of the public…. Hahaha. Where had our lady gone?

Got back to our hotel. Found the lift no trouble. Found the floor no bother. Found our room? Em, no!

We went down one set of six steps

, rather than two sets of three.

Well, back up again, retraced our footsteps to the lifts and just waited until we heard something we recognised.

Then guess who came along?

Yep, our two sweet old dears.

Oh we talked to them, talked and talked… They were so cute. The older one, told  us she was celebrating her 87th birthday. She said she goes to London every year on her birthday,  goes to a show and St Martin in the fields. It is a church where she lights a candle for her Brother who died in the war. She has managed to come for 32 years.

At the end of our  chat, she grabbed our faces, and kissed the living daylights out of us. Hahahaha

Then we dared to ask her to show us to our room? OMG?

How really odd that was they were guiding us in such a funny way, but the most wonderful elderly people. We got in our room closed the door and just stood in shock.

We ordered room service and our sandwich was delicious. Then Hub hit the mini bar.

Guess what he took from there, as I told him off, as the prices are really shocking?

A couple of chocolate bars. Hahaha.

Guess how much they were? £6 for the two of them. Would cost under a pound here/home.

Oh but I did enjoy mine.

You should have seen the tray the food came on? Oh I simply love hotels.

Next morning, we were woken by the clock radio next to  us on our bedside table. I thought it was time to get up?

Naha. Hub looked at his watch and it was before seven.

I turned  it off after pressing ten buttons. Ten minutes later, back on again, ten minutes after then? Back on again.

I pulled the plug out. As I did that, I realised that it would have battery back up.

It did.

Just as I found a button that really shut it up? Fifteen minutes later, hahahahaha. My mobile alarm went off.

We got up, showered in what I can only say, was  like a horse trough. It was so skinny. Hub asked me to get in the bath and relax? Horror, he wanted to see me stuck.

He and I laughed thinking about the fire brigade coming to pull me out.

We went to breakfast and guess who was there?

Hahaha. The two Nana’s.

Adorable they were and yes, more kisses.

The staff at the hotel, was amazing. Oh my word. There was a member of staff for every move and nothing was a bother. The building was so huge and all as we say in the UK, higgledy piggledy.

I’m sure it looks rather grand, though as I said, our room was far from clean.

24 hours a lot can happen. Love being with my Hub.

Later gators. x

 

No comments: