translate

Saturday 24 August 2013

THE LIGHT

Hay everyone, I’m delighted and kissed the feet of PC world, who operated on my little Lap top and he has come home, all fixed. Thank God I sent Hub to pick it up, around the corner but impossible for us to walk there, as one, we don’t know where it is, and two too many carp arks to cross and the worst road in our town to go over. So a taxi driver took him, waited fifteen minutes as my Hub rightly wanted to turn it on in the shop. As he did, it came up with a nasty message. To cut a long story short, it was not totally fixed. A lot of people would just have brought it back, but as we have to rely on taxis and money, haha, we are more cautious Now it’s home, and my poor Hub, is out again to the town this time, on his own, I hate that, as really don’t like the dangerous Brian about him, as he just has no patients and crosses roads when he thinks it’s clear, rather than waiting for the little green man to sing telling us it’s safe. He has gone to the bank to get money out for our decorator, as he is here today, as last night’s storm, has soaked everywhere, so he can’t do the outside paint work. Oh my word let me tell you about the storm. The wind was so still and the air was so thick. The rain came, like zillions of drops. Tiny sharp sounds. Then the thunder and fork lightning. Oh that was scary but I shall tell you something funny, Hub had his IPhone on we were in bed and he had one of his applications on, which detects lights. He was like a little boy with his gadget. The blooming phone, detected the lightning. I could not believe it. Never thought it would work. I was terrified. The sounds of crackling which went on for about two minutes at a time. We have an oversized tree in our front garden. About thirty foot tall, too close to our house and closer to our poor neighbour’s house. WE really are going to have to get it taken down, as it’s sadly getting dangerous. I hate removing trees, as they were in most cases, here before us. It’s beautiful too, red leaves on it. The trunk is as wide as me, hahah. This storm went on for two hours. Then half way through it, the wind started. Oh God, we thought the top of the house was going to blow off. It really was like the devil was at war. People think I’m mad, but, whenever there is a huge amount of fighting as in wars, or chemicals being used, or like the leak in Japan, when that first happened, the weather went mad and that is what happened last night with the chemicals in the world which now are being used to hurt and destroy people. Some would say it was God getting angry trying to tell us humans to behave. Hub said where we live now, is one of the worst places for thunder and lightning, as we are low down. Or something to do with the geography of the location. I was of course thinking of my boy at his festival in a tent, with trees around him. I waited to hear from him as his phone was turned off. Thank God, he did honour his word and text me at pumpkin hour. This morning he text me and said last night in the rain, he was dancing in it, but forgot his coat, so they were soaking. I imagined him in his wellys, dancing… hahahah. Today, he can’t find their program. They have lost it. Oh so at half eight, my new sofa arrived. Then my painter came. Oh, let me tell you, it’s rather funny, as the decorator really doesn’t like me anymore. I am the one who dared to tell him to come to work. He had no intention of finishing the job this week, but the fact is, it’s bad enough when you can see with furniture everywhere but when you can’t, it’s impossible. I hope they are doing a good job. We won’t really know till someone with sight comes in, then they are paid though. I trusted him as before he was great. Now, with his mind-set? Not sure. I really hope so though because I’m sick of getting ripped off by people. Our drive looks like a scrap yard. There is stuff everywhere. The old couch, a chair, wood and three radiators. Oh, and two black garden bags full of rubbish. I spoke to my x yesterday on the phone. Telling him about teen’s exam results, as want him to know, he is still a part of teens life. That was an interesting call… Let’s just say, there is a connection error going on there. Perhaps I should introduce him to PC world? OK, I guess I should make my painters a coffee? Or perhaps not, depends if he talks nice to me, hahaha. Really it’s so funny, he was so nice the past twice we have had him working here, but this time? Oh boy. His wife left him and I think he hates women now, as specially those who tell him what to do. Well, come on, he says he will take four days may be five to do the job, all finished for Thursday, now it’s Friday and he is still working, only because it rained last night, or this would have gone on till next week, I mean the new couches are among the wallpaper paste. He didn’t come till five yesterday and did two hours the day before and nothing the day before that. If he came like he said all day Sunday, from eight till six, then the same on Monday half of Tuesday, he would have finished. Not my fault he is lazy? So a sharp stick waved by Fi Blogget, has been whacking some butts. My poor friend Beanie got the shock of her life yesterday. She has not seen her Dad for a couple of days nor has anyone around him. She walked in his house, and found him in bed, dead. Poor girl, that is just awful. She was a great daughter, did everything for her father, took him shopping and anything he has needed over the years since her Mum died early in life, she has done for him. Like everyone, she will I’m sure have some guilt, as we all do when our parents die. I was there for my Mum when my Dad died, doing all her house work and more. My x was great for her; he did her garden and shopping. We went to see her four times a week, and took her on a break. But we left her for over a week to go on a holiday which was booked before my Dad died, only a month after he did go. I feel so bad for doing that, even after fifteen years. Sadly guilt is a curse. Let’s hope, my friend knows she has done as much as she could and can jump over any pain which may be waiting for her. Have a happy weekend and I shall be back to talk later. Our friends are coming on Sunday, so that will be lovely. Off to sharping that stick. X

No comments: