translate

Monday 6 March 2017

WHY STILL MICE? BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Looking at the viewing Bloggets today, I see a place I have not seen before. Chechia. Used to be known as the Czech Republic. From what I can gather they changed their name hoping to make it easier for people for things like sports logos for example. Gosh, maybe it will for the young, but not for those of us who remember the old way. Czech is much easier to remember than Chechia. Well whoever you are, welcome and I hope you come again to read my mad world of sensible crazy words. Haha.

Oh, today I have so much to do and its things that I have been putting off for so long. In the days when I was so organised when life seemed to run smoother as far as time to do administration work, the days especially when I could put pen to paper and read what I had written. Now everything is taken down electronically and thank goodness for that, but it really messes with my mind. I’m sure tech is killing my short term memory.

I have to take a pill every day. I brought the box downstairs after I had left it in a bag when I went to the chemist and with my coat, I stupidly took the bag up there too. So, I put the box of pills in the drawer where I keep them and ate breakfast. Then, had I taken the pill or not? Oh, could I remember? Nope, not on your Nellie. So, the only option was to take another. I don’t think they will do me any harm…. …. ….

Hub working a long shift today staying back at work and Teen not in till eight tonight. The house smells of bacon as my Son has had that for his breakfast. My dog has brought me her Kong where by you put treats in for her. I do, once a day one treat. But then she gets it out and brings it back, really trying her luck… Little Fella does the same and when you take no notice to him, he growls and tries to climb on your knee.

My friend popped in today so a nice chat. Well there was a cringe moment. We have the Avon lady who comes and delivers magazines selling her products of perfumes make up and other things, and you are meant to read through it then leave your order on your doorstep for her to collect it. She brings your order back a few days later. As any junk comes to us we recycle it… So, whilst our neighbours all had their books outside for collection, ours was safely in the bin. Little did I know, but she only went and knocked on my door, asking for the book? Hahaha. I told her I didn’t have it, first thing I could think of was to say my Husband has put it somewhere as I can’t see the book, and what did she answer? Wait for this one?
“Oh, don’t worry, if you can ask your Husband, if he has finished looking through it, I will be back tonight at five.!”
Em. So just found it in the recycling bin. At least I hope it’s that? Imagine if it’s a car magazine?

Raining again, but mild. Teen didn’t come home for lunch today. At least he let me know. He said he is finishing at eight, then going to the gym then to Shamrocks. He is at work tomorrow at six, so I hope he isn’t going to have another late night? He won’t be finished at the gym until ten. When he will eat his dinner, not sure.

My friend was telling me that she had a magpie nesting in her cherry tree. I wonder if we have anything in our apple tree? I wouldn’t know. Oh, the stress of our garden is starting to get to me as the spring gets warmer.

There are many things on the internet about how to make the best cup of tea. Well most of the reading says to leave your tea five minutes before drinking, surely it will have started to get cold by then? In my opinion, this is a perfect cupper.
Firstly, your kettle. Make sure it’s filter is clean. We now have a water heater rather than a kettle and it’s great as you don’t pour, so no burning fingers, you put your cup under it and turn the dial to what size cup of whatever you want.
If you are using a tea pot, warm it first with some hot water for a couple of minutes. Tip the water out, then fill it with water along with one tea bag per person and one for the pot, so for a pot for four people or two big cups each for two people, four bags and one for the pot so in total fie bags.
Now tea bags are really important. My favourite is Yorkshire Gold. Not just Yorkshire, but Gold on the end as there are two different kinds.

Pour a little milk only the size of your thumb nail and take a spoon to teas the bags in the pot a little then pour. Perfect. If you are doing just a cup, pour your milk a tiny bit, add a bag then pour water on top. Boiling water. Leave for a minute then again, mash gently for a few seconds then remove the bags.

Real tea leaves are more difficult again one spoon per person and one for the pot but make sure you use a good strainer not to get leaves in your cup, unless you read them, smile. I have written before about our neighbour who read our tea leaves, and she was so accurate. I think those people are psychic and just use the tea leaves as some kind of focus.

Reading articles today from ffb.ca, with regards to the race for sight answered a good question why the heck we are still at the stage of working on mice? The article you I hope will find a link at the bottom here but the only part that scared me was at the end it read keep tuned in we are only starting. It was 2016 when they discovered mice could be helped to see so ten years ago, here is why.


http://ffb.ca/innovative-stem-cell-discoveries-demonstrate-long-term-vision-restoration/


No comments: