translate

Tuesday 7 March 2017

ISCHIA AND THE BUNDT TIN BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Good day Bloggets. I end my blog today on a dream. One day I would love to go to this place, one day if I ever get sight. To see such beauty can only be witnessed with vision. Some countries you can go to and just soak up in the atmosphere, sounds, smells and climate of the place, but the place I am writing about today, I believe you must see. More on this paradise in a mo jo!

Gosh Hub still has his cold, really, I’m starting to really believe that moving here wasn’t a good idea. I believe his immune system is low any way with his travels abroad and he tells me that when he was with his ex, he didn’t eat well because he was busy working all day and by the time he came home at nights, he was too tired to cook for himself, his waist line certainly proved he didn’t eat much. Smile, Last night I made a two course meal, starting with something I have never made before so I was reluctant to see how it would turn out. It was soup of cauliflower and stilton cheese. So, I washed the cauliflower and put it in a pan of water which had two vegetable stock cubes in. I added salt and then a roughly chopped onion and two cloves of garlic with a grated potato and a couple of grated mushrooms. When the pan had been cooking for about fifteen minutes, I put the blender in the pan, some may choose to wait until the pan has cooled but I like living dangerously. Smile. I then added a few fresh herbs and continued cooking. Adding a little more salt, just a tiny bit with lots of black pepper and finally some stilton cheese. Turned the hob off, yesterday was my lucky day, I was able to turn on our stupid hob, and then off again, so no need to either take a hammer to smash the blooming frustrating thing up, or call the fire brigade out to turn off my fire. Haha.

When it came to serving, it was a smoothed appearance. In the soup dishes, I served more stilton, just a little and a dollop of sour cream. Gosh, what would it taste like? Wow, it was really lovely. I was quite surprised. Hub said it was sophisticated soup. Hmm. I would rather he said it was tasty. So, what were we meant to do whilst eating it? Where a dinner jacket?
I just served it with some hot garlic bread. So, you can imagine what my kitchen smelled like? Not good. My lovely WoodWick candle helped me out there.

My friend brought us some homemade cake again, yesterdays was chocolate and caramel. Gosh, you should see the shape of it? I asked her how on earth did she get that shape? The cake, not her, and she said it was the cake tin, it is called a bundt tin. Take note of the spelling? B U N D T! She thinks it’s German. Well, I just had to do some research and to be honest, baking cakes terrifies me. I think I would rather sky dive…. Oh my, that would be a cloudy day? See if this link works, but if it does, come back to read about my new place of discovery?
http://bakerstreet.tv/2012/06/bundt-101-how-to-remove-bundt-cakes-from-a-pan/

Wow, I have found a new paradise, well it sounds beautiful. Bloggets will know that though I dream of living in Canada, why? Not sure, it’s a kind of inner feeling. But my favourite country in the world so far… Is Italy, well, I came across a place called Ischia. Gosh, if I were an artist I would head here to drown in the colourful architecture and the natural surroundings.

For meat eaters, there is a huge choice of food, but for me? No words I could find mentioning the word vegetarian. But there will always be the delicious salads, cheeses and breads. And I’m sure that I would find pizzas and pastas too. But the descriptions of the restaurants wow, I have never read such amazing sounding places in my life. Our country is so boring in comparison to some others, especially Ischia. My words won’t do it justice and whenever I try to put a link in my blogs, it goes wrong, I shall try again, but don’t fancy my chances.
https://www.lonelyplanet.com/italy/ischia/top-things-to-do/a/poi/359875


Later gators.



No comments: