translate

Wednesday 1 March 2017

TILL THE END OF TIME BY FIONA CUMMINGS

TILL THE END OF TIME
BY FIONA CUMMINGS
As a new born I nurtured you
My love for you was so strong and true
As a little boy, you gave me such joy
I held your hand
Now I look up to you so tall
Remembering those days not so long ago
When you were small
You are now a man
To the rest of the world
But to me
You will always be
My angel with a crown of gold
A smile so bright and bold
Sapphire eyes a fortune that won’t be sold
Your heart beats with mine
I will love and protect you till the end of time
From days when you wrapped your tiny fingers around mine
To singing you to sleep
Watching your heart break
For you I did weep
I shared your joy
My darling boy
I felt your worries
Like they were mine
I will care for you till the end of time
When you laugh
My heart bursts with delight
It’s like turning on a light
If I measured the love I have for you
And cut it in half
It would be more than most people experience
You were given to me
Not by a coincidence
But a gift chosen you see
By our maker who knew I wanted someone like you
I write these words so in your mind they stick like glue
Till the end of time
I’m so proud you are a Son of mine

© Fiona Cummings 2017
Written for my Darling Son for his 20th birthday 3rd March 2017



No comments: