translate

Wednesday 15 March 2017

DIARY OF PUP IN THE PUB BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Good day Bloggets. I hope you are all well? I met with my friend yesterday and we went for a coffee to my favourite coffee shop. It’s a long way from where I live and as the wind blew my friends car closer to our destination, we learned that the blooming place was closed. At first I thought she was joking. But when I learned that she wasn’t, I felt so bad for bringing her all the way there. Well, she brought me really, as my driving skills oddly enough have a lot to be desired.

She is a puppy walker and we had the little cutie in the car with us he was in the bad books as he had just eaten her carpet. Well, who knows, in his past life, he may have been a carpet fitter? And to lay them you have to lift the old, right?

How does a tiny little thing turn into a long leggy lad like him? This is a little life changer to be. Little does he know of his future. Who knows what it may bring? Will he be assisting the young man to university? Making it possible for him to get his qualifications to continue hopefully for a career. Will he be walking the school route every day with a young parent and child? Will he be going to the shop with the lady who needs groceries for her family’s meals? Travelling on busses/taxi’s/trains to go into the office environment each day with his new guide dog owner or will he be making it possible for a person to be able to walk to their elderly parent’s house to pay a much needed visit from the Son or daughter?

Perhaps he will become a dual-purpose dog for those who are deaf aswell as blind? Or a buddy dog I have written about them before or maybe he will become a stud…. What a guy?

I will never know how puppy walkers do their job. How can you have a tiny dog from the age of seven weeks and then about a year later, hand them over? I know puppy walkers say that they do it so we can have our guide dogs, it’s so much better for our dogs to go into houses with families rather than kennels, but they also say that they cry for days and really dread giving them up and are in such pain the day they leave, so still, I can’t understand why they put themselves through such torture. They must be so selfless. Put on earth for a reason, that’s for sure. It’s only when you spend time with a puppy walker that you realise just what they do for us to have our dogs.

All the things that puppies do, these dogs do of course, why not, they are dogs at the end of the day. So, carpets chewed, lifted, table legs chewed, sofas ripped I have even heard of someone’s glasses being crunched. The responsibility of making sure that the dog doesn’t pick up your child’s toy, as so many dogs have to be put to forever sleep because of doing things like this. Feeding at the right times, the correct foods as our dogs only get fed the best and they weight has to stay perfect. “What is their secret?””

Trips to the vet for the treatments that are due and always cleaning the garden as well as the house after the pups. Taking the puppies out to places we go to, may be the big shops, butchers, cinema, theatre, office’s, trains, schools and so on, so the pup gets used to the sounds and sights of such places.

They attend puppy class’s it’s really a full time job that the amazing volunteers don’t get paid for and then there are the people who care for the dogs carrying the puppies. They look after them and then the pups for seven weeks. Gosh, if that was me, I would have to pop a pup in my pocket. I don’t think I would make a very good anything to do with pups. They are so very beautiful. And this dog is months old and yet is so perfect in the boot of the car just happily looking out of the window you would never know he was there.

Even at his age, he stopped at every kerb before we crossed the road., mind you he did some gardening along the way too. Haha. Bless him, he was partial to some spring petals.

We walked along the cobbled pathways, it was a lovely place a perfect village location and the air was so much better than where I live. It had such a lovely feeling about it.

Someone asked yesterday, if you are losing your sight, where to live?
My answer was somewhere where there is a Doctors, chemist, dentist and general grocery shop. And to be able to walk to these places rather than think of them by car, as if you can’t see, a car won’t be the option if you want to get out on your own.

Some places in the country don’t have paths to walk along, this is the worry about the countryside. Then there is the cities, well, like here where on the map we have everything that we can imagine, but to get to them, be it at our own peril.

The roads are so dangerous and there are no crossings. The noise doesn’t help. When you need to cross a road, it could be clear, but you can’t hear because of other roads nearby.

Check for buss’s too. If you live somewhere that there is only a couple of busses per day, or the bus doesn’t stop at the same place each time? Or that you can’t actually get to your bus stop because of one of these nasty roads or there are no paths. See how we have to think when we are trying to find a house?

Well, we found a pub that said (Muddy paws welcome) My friend and I didn’t have muddy paws but that was a sign that pup would be more than welcome. Guide dogs are by law meant to be allowed anywhere, but having said that there are some cultures in our country who don’t care about our laws and refuse us. Restaurants shops and taxi’s. But puppies by law don’t have that same rule, though people try to ask first and let the owners know that the dog is a puppy in training, so needs to get used to such places and normally the people are more than welcoming. But not to have such a conversation, we just walked into the pub and took a table to enjoy our dinner and I must say, it was lovely, just not my wonderful coffee shop that I have fallen in love with.

I couldn’t believe how long my friend and I had chatted for, with us both, there is never a dull moment and our conversations flow. So, we got up from our table and went to another coffee shop that only sells cakes and fudges and sat outside as it was lovely, though slightly windy. Our take-out coffee cups had lids which kept blowing off the table but hey, not to worry, pup collected them for us to put back on the table. Well I won’t go into why we were creased with laughter, as we were like two old ladies sat outside this blooming place, but we did laugh. If people who passed saw us coming out of the pub, then laughing like we were, they would have thought we had one too many, but truth is, I had a coke and my friend a coffee at the pub…

Talking of alcohol, I did laugh when I read this article yesterday and wanted to share it with you, just how it was written.
(How is alcohol impacting your health and life?
Try it now.)
Hahahahahaha, but it did continue, just on another line and it said.
(Try free our demotivator and check out your risks.)
What the heckers is a demotivator?

We returned home laughing all the way like silly school girls, though she and I can have really serious conversations too. She’s a gem!

Have a blessed day, this is a long one for me. More on that later. X

No comments: