translate

Sunday 26 March 2017

MOTHER'S DAY DIARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Good Morning Bloggets. Gosh, actually afternoon. No more sleeps before my baby is home. Sounds as if they have had a great break away! Shamrock said last night her feet were killing her. Hahaha. Bless her, Boy Wonder will have her walked off her little leggies. He is strong and fit and can walk for miles he loves it. Whereas for Sham, she would rather taxi, and who can blame her? At least they have done some culture though. They have visited the tower and the Astronomical clock, and walked over the Charles bridge as well as seen all of the beautiful churches and went to an art gallery and yesterday went to an ice bar as well as a jazz bar in the evening.

The restaurants in Prague sound spectacular almost like the Georgian ones I went to in Russia. In cellars with beautiful walls and chrystal chandeliers whilst listening to folk music you can enjoy the traditional food, though for a vegetarian, not sure I would be eating much… It’s very meat oriented.

By the time, he gets home he has work so will only have five hours’ sleep. I think he will be tired. I have ventured into his bedroom and stripped his bed, something he always does himself, but want him to come home to clean bed and towels.

It’s beautiful out there, Hub is working on a file that needs to be written, he is outside in our front garden. Oh my… We just went around the side of the house, it’s been asleep for the winter.
We thought.
Oh, no such thing, actually wide awake growing all sorts out there. Things I have never even seen. Never mind going to Mars to see what’s up there, just come to our side garden.

The shrub that was shaped into a ball now looks like a five-foot hedge and it has leaves sprouting from every direction and we have a six feet conifer that was meant to be dug out a couple of years ago, Hmm. It seriously needs coming out now but I think we have an answer, I will know more next week. That is a blog on its own. I just hope I remember to tell you, my memory is getting worse. Seriously I just hope it’s something like the menopause because I can go into a room for something and forget what I was looking for as I walk through the door.

Our apple tree that was transplanted last year has been a great success. Thanks to the guy who did the job it now has buds on it and loads of them. I need a wind chime for it, not a popular decision in our house. A visitor to our guest room, wasn’t, isn’t, impressed in the sounds they make in the back. She said the chimes remind her of a horror movie. I love them, but I must say when you are trying to sleep, I guess they would be a bit of an issue.

But I only have one in my front garden and the apple tree is crying out for one just a small one… where as the ones in the back garden are like Saint Pauls Cathedral.

I’m so hungry my lovely joiner was telling me he was going to have a Sunday lunch, oh wow, I could just eat one of those. I’m not eating potatoes, if I do it’s once a week, same with bread just once, I’m doing well on the tiny rice crackers they are better than the huge sponge like ones these are more like crunchy crackers. I have ran out of cottage cheese. That really kept me going. We haven’t done well at the treadmill as we were going to start this weekend. Oops. Well, Hub and I have had a lovely weekend and we have a heck of a lot of work to do over the next few weeks/months. So, we were sorting that out, but time has flown thankfully.

Some great news, I think I have someone to come to the hospital with me. I’m hoping my lovely friend will be able to as she offered yesterday, she hates driving that far though. But she will be the perfect person to come with me. She’s funny though as she won’t use a sat nav only pen and paper directions how to get there. I will be so grateful to her as to go to hospital on my own, I hate it. I feel so alone as everyone else is with family. Also, the stress of getting there would be a nightmare.

Right must dash as I’m being shouted for. What have I done now? Haha. Before I go, it’s Mother’s Day in the UK so to all good Mums out there, have a good one. Xxx



No comments: