translate

Wednesday 15 March 2017

DREAMS WITH THE BIRDS BY FIONA CUMMINGS

DREAMS WITH THE BIRDS
BY FIONA CUMMINGS
As the geese fly over
Hills of heather and clover
Such beauty they see
Greens from forests and all the water
The grey blue sea
And a babbling stream
Sights only I can dream
Paint pictures in my mind
Images I try to find
But my eyes don’t see
It’s as if they don’t belong to me
In my head, I’m not blind
But once the door is open
Reality has spoken
My inspirations die
Tears fall as I cry
I hear the birds fly
And my spirit is with them
Travelling inside
I see what they do
Through skies so blue
Wresting on clouds so fluffy
But back to reality
Isn’t that silly?
As they don’t see how we are meant to
So, my dreams aren’t even true
Though my words are
So, if you care
Please share
Say a prayer
For sight for us all
Here my call
Through every bird song
All I ask is to belong
© Fiona Cummings 2017

No comments: