translate

Thursday 2 March 2017

GOODBYE TEEN BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Well it’s the night before my Teen turns to, well, not a teen any more. My boy is twenty tomorrow the third of March. Twenty years ago, I lay in the hospital thinking that I was going to have a normal birth and all bells and lights were activated as the doctors ran in saying that I had to be rushed to theatre. My athletic baby had the cord around his neck. Hours later I woke with him by my side and the love I had for him was wrapped around him, and a special bond was born.

He has a busy day planned and I can’t say he is looking forward to fitting everyone in. His friends kindly are waiting for him to go out much later in the evening and his gf wants to take him out for a meal in the evening and Hub and I are treating him to lunch.

Of course, there will be birthday cake and my Mums cups and saucers, as there is every birthday in our tiny family.

What will he get from us? We shall see in the next blog. His girlfriend bought them both a holiday to Prague and that will be later in the month. Three nights. My heart in my mouth time.

Today I went to our local shop that sells all kinds of bedding, table cloths, cushions and so on. It’s a beautiful shop, I could spend hours in there, I went with my Son, so we saw what we needed and out. No browsing, one day if my world will be kind I will see and I will spend hours in that shop.

I went in his new car. New as in just for the meanwhile whilst his gets fixed from the person who crashed into his parked car. The damage came to just over £300 and the family wouldn’t pay for it in cash so it’s an insurance claim. So, the bill so far is over a thousand. Crazy really. If you think you only have a scratch, get it checked out as there are wires and other things going on.

Teen was going to our town today and he was stopped by the Police. Why? Because new law, no cars in our town between the hours of ten in the morning and four in the afternoon. Thankfully the Police let him off. Also in the whole of the UK now, at last you can’t use your mobile phone whilst driving. About time. If you get caught, and you have only been driving two years or less, your licence is removed. If you have been driving longer, then it’s something like 6 points. Now will they start with those who speed?

Well, it’s late so must go and help Hub to make our bed. The sheets are nice and fresh and we have new pillows. I can’t tell you how many pillows I have bought over the years. Why can’t we get pillows like they have in good hotels? These look really good, let’s see what they are like in a few weeks?

So, it’s goodnight from me and I shall talk tomorrow. With love, as always. X


No comments: