translate

Monday 27 March 2017

I WANT BY FIONA CUMMINGS

I WANT
BY FIONA CUMMINGS
I want to run, among the bluebells under the sun
Tiptoe through the tulips in the open fields
Dance among the hills, of yellow daffodils
Go to fancy restaurants and eat the best meals
Ski down the slopes of alpine pathways
Experience wonderful holidays
Feel the sea air, as I speed along the tides on a boat
Salt in my hair, so warm though no need for a coat
I want to see through the windows of my soul
Feel the heat from the coal
Amber flames from the fire
Keep me warm from the cold
I want to inspire
Feel the emotion of desire
To be admired
To cure the world of darkness
Remove the pain of madness
I want to see
Just like those who can
Feel free
To be able to do what I want
Not hear words I can’t
Is it a dream or reality?
Just to have some quality
I want to cure all poverty
And to teach ability
I want no one to feel alone
For there always to be someone on the phone
A friendly hand to hold
I want sunshine’s of smiles all around
World peace and to feel safe in a crowd
I want to end all cruelty to animals please?
If I have to ask on bended knees
I will, because I want
Just right now I’m in a line
Waiting to climb the hill to be given the plant
No more I will say I can’t
The seeds are being sewn
The genes are being grown
I have hope
I will find a rope
And pull you up like a garden with that one single buttercup
A lonely daisy will find another
Then another to make a chain
And once again
We will dance among the flowers
Sing in the rain showers
See the silver droplets fall
And there will be no need for me to call
I would never fall
Because what I want
I got, so
Better than playing the lotto

© Fiona Cummings



No comments: