translate

Tuesday 14 March 2017

FI'S FAT FILE BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Day 4
I wrote about day three half way through my day yesterday, I was pleased with myself because I woke up without the pain of hunger, but then a fatal thing happened and I had the most enormous weakness. My Son kindly brought me a cake. Chocolate. So, in answer to some of your questions whether I have support from my family? Smile. I should have said no, but it was thick chocolate and a gift. Oh gosh, I really felt so bad eating it, that I didn’t have potatoes for dinner that night. Just two disgusting sprouts, as I said, it was like swallowing eyeballs. Not that I have any experience of eating eyeballs, but one can imagine! I had turnip, and yes with butter also parsnips and two large Yorkshire puddings. Dietitians would disown me right there. But I’m not on a diet, I hate the D word. I did them many years ago, and they don’t work for me at all.

I have a theory I always refer to our bodies as cars and cars require different petrol/gas/diesel oils and so on at different times of their lives. So why should we run on the same stuff? I’m sure my downfall is bread, so that is why I have not had any since Saturday.

Today, I will break my duck in a nice way. Poor duck. Smile. Basically, it’s a dreadful saying we have and it has nothing to do with the quacking kind, but to do with cricket. It’s a batsman’s dismissal for a score of 0, therefore when one breaks one’s duck, they have scored over zero It’s an English idiom meaning to do something you haven’t done for a long time. Okay, it’s only day four, but it seems like at least day seven….

Last night’s dinner and cake didn’t resort to a good evening. Gosh I was starving all night. So, salad fills me more than vegetables. Hub told me I was like a druggy coming off something. I really feel as if I’m going through cold turkey. I believe that saying comes from the US. Some say it means to talk directly, to stop something abruptly.

Last night I feared the outcome. Our shopping came, bags of salads. Haha, Hub put the fridge stuff away, it was so funny, I told him I was going to eat healthier, so be it. Gosh, I will look like a rabbit when I’m done. Last night salad wasn’t on my mind, but toast was, hot toast with melting butter. MMMMMmmmmmmmMMMMMmmm
But can you believe it, I declined.
I ate fruit to compensate for my mistakes through that day. What is it they say? A moment on the lips a lifetime on the hips?

So, that was yesterday, today is today. Another day when I must try to end the day better than my start as I’m out for lunch with my lovely friend. See how I get on.

My friend and Blogget bless her, has been trying to lose some weight and has gained 2lbs. There is nothing worse than doing well and that happening. And the other night before bed, she ate a apple, so how good was that? I haven’t spoken to her yet but I will do to see what she is doing differently. I know if I have a slice of toast in the morning with beans or eggs on, and some fruit, then a small lunch then small dinner, I will be hungry all day and I know with past experience, I will go up and up like a balloon, this is why diets don’t work for me. This is why I’m trying to cut out the thing that makes me sluggish, bread. If I feel sluggish, I will not want to move and moving really works to lose weight. My mind is saying I feel bloated and my mind then talks to my body. I do believe that weight loss has to do with something to do with our mental health.

Right now, I’m going mental to get healthy. Haha. I dare not get on the scales. I will in a couple of days, that will be six days since I cut out bread. If the lady trapped inside of my talking scales tells me A, to stop having a laugh
B say, I can’t count that many numbers or C, I have gained weight, I would be devastated, I hope the least they will say is that I have stayed the same. Even if I have lost 1lb, that would be four per month and it’s better than putting four on per month. This is why I don’t want to diet because if I do, I really would suffer, but as it is, I’m not suffering. Going back to what I said about your mind talking to your body, if your mind is starved of delights, it surely will sulk with your body and if your mind and body don’t communicate, then what chance will we have?

Who knows may be what I’m trying to do will be a complete waste of time but I have tried everything in my life this is the last resort.

So, day four, I got this far, I hope I get to bedtime and can put my head on my pillow and feel proud though I will have had bread today, I shall not eat a meal other than some salad for my evening meal and I won’t have had crisps or biscuits. Mind you, there is the coffee shop coming up…
However well you are doing today, I hope it’s in the right direction.
The thing is with my friend, she has put 2 lbs on so if she is like me and says stuff it now, then where is there to go? When that happens to me, I get really cross and rebel and eat more. By doing that, before I know it, I’m 7lbs overweight then a stone. 2lbs is retrievable. Don’t get angry, get even.

Please let me get over day four and make day five even better? Then day six and that is when I’m going to weigh myself. As it is now, I don’t feel hungry during the day, I’m not waking up in the mornings starving, it’s evenings and during the night I have a problem. Stay strong and try to carry on, just hour by hour as hours make a day.

I end this blog on some quotes
Fall down seven times, stand up eight.
And I love this one from George Eliot
It is never too late to be who you might have been.
So, if you have had a weak day today, show yourself just how strong you can be and take over, mind over matter, tell your mind that your health matters. And that person you really want to be, is there for you to own.
Yours truly
Forever hopeful






No comments: