translate

Thursday 23 March 2017

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Happy Mother’s Day
By Fiona Cummings
You gave me life, and taught me all I know
Tried to keep me out of strife, and watched me grow
You kissed my cheek, when I felt weak
Picked me up, when I fell down
Kept my feet, firmly on the ground
You showed me life, good and bad
Made me laugh, when I felt sad
I’m so grateful, for what I had
Growing up, when times were tough
You taught me kindness, when I felt rough
You gave me back, my sanity
When all around me, was crazy
You fed me peaches, in the rain
And chocolates in the snow
Even now I taste your home cooking
Wherever I go
Warm cakes from the oven
Little buns, a dozen
Plates of scones and pies
You’re the best, you’re a darling
My words to you, I won’t hide
I want the world to know for you my love will never go away
Wishing you a Happy Mothers Day
© Fiona Cummings


No comments: