translate

Tuesday 7 March 2017

CONTACT AND THE CANE BY FIONA CUMMINGS

We are joined by Sweden, UK, US, Canada, Ireland, Pakistan, Portugal, Spain, France and Germany. If you are from a country not written here, then you are just out of the ten countries that are listed. I wish I could read all the countries rather than just the ten top ones.

I was asked again today about my autobiography. A lovely lady asked me how I was doing with it? I told her I procrastinate too much, but one day… I hope it will be out there.

I was reading about people being afraid of using the white cane especially as they have some vision still. Here was my message to them.
Learn to care about yourself rather than others opinions. Gosh I remember those days when I was so bothered about what people thought, putting myself into significant discomfort just to try to fit in. Well, the day the penny dropped, was a day of having my chains removed. Your safety is so much more important than what those think, people who wouldn’t be there if you fell or if you needed help.

Don’t look at their faces if you do have some vision, just blank their features. It’s a powerful feeling to get somewhere on your own by using your cane and your first steps to your kind of freedom.

People are very cruel though, gosh I had some dreadful things said to me in the past and if only I had the way about me then to say to them. “If I told you your brain was an ap, perhaps you would start using it?””

I told you last night I made some cauliflower and stilton soup? Well it’s been in the fridge all night, but now the beast has been released. Gosh. Let’s say I am going through my fragranced candle at a rate you wouldn’t believe.

I received an email today asking what my top five wishes would be? Here they are.
In no particular order.
1, sight for those who are blind and want it.
2, end of cruelty to animals
3, world peace
4, to be thin
5, long healthy life for those I love.
And if I could have more, because I’m greedy?
6, for us not to experience grief.
7, to clean up the planet.
8, for my Son to find a wonderful perfect for him, partner who makes him laugh every day and be loved with all of her heart.
9, to spend more time with my friends and 10, whatever you are wishing for now.
If you wish to ask me anything or ask for me to write something for you, then please contact me via email?
Visionsforfuture@googlemail.com



No comments: