translate

Monday 13 March 2017

FI'S FAT FILE DAY 3

Hello and welcome to day three of my fat file. Smile. A lovely lady, friend and Blogget told me that she is also fluffy and also is trying to lose weight. Fluffy? Haha. It’s cute, but does this mean we are hairy?

Last night before bed I would normally have cereal but I had the remains of the dish of salad instead and that got me through half of the night. About 3. a m my stomach started to talk with me. It was not like on day one as if a hormonal lady going through the menopause, more like a toddler showing signs of the terrible twos. Throwing a wobbler as I say.

Like a calm Mum, I spoke to it and had a chewing gum. Haha, normally it would be some chocolates from Christmas, see, I don’t binge eat otherwise they would be long gone. But they are still there on my bedside table. Gosh, what had come over me? Blogget power perhaps? But moreover, about nine in the evening yesterday, I received a text, from my Sons bedroom, seriously we live in a normal sized house, but he texts to ask the fatal question.
“Mum, are you hungry? We are going to get an Indian take away.””
Oh my. It was not words I had to say, so perhaps that made it easier? But only a reply by text, saying no thanks for me. But then when he came downstairs, he said he was going to get a curry and said the dreaded words.
(POPPADOMS)
Gosh I love them so much. Did you know they were made with a flour called Urid flour?
Now those of you who are using a screen reader will have to do a double take on the word Urid, I did. But that may be my age and not hearing. Haha. I thought it read urine. No, there is a d on the end.

On his return, I thought the smell would kill me. But there was none. He kindly left the empty paper bag on my kitchen worktop so I hurriedly took it outside and put it in the bin. I guess at least they put their dishes in the dish washer… Boy wonder told me how delicious it was, don’t people get trying not to eat? I smiled showed interest that they enjoyed their supper and bit my bottom lip, the restaurant was called zero spice. Haha, may be that is why I didn’t smell anything? Because there were no spices in their food? Why would you call your Indian restaurant that? Just thought of a really funny name for an Indian Restaurant, now if anyone pinches my idea, I expect nothing less than a supply of free Poppadoms please for at least a year… See what you think of this name?
(SPICEY MAMMA)
What do you think? Hahaha.

I resisted. Gosh, what has come over me? But still that was only day two, but one and a half more than I normally do. This is day three. It’s only mid-day, I have a long way to go before I reach the pumpkin hour. I’m on my own and that may be more challenging, but having said that, apart from Boy Wonders lunch that is cooked waiting for him, there won’t be any nice home cooked foods until I prepare dinner and I can easily resist dinners, though of course I will eat tonight, I just don’t know what? I have no desire to taste anything I cook. Haha. My family enjoy my cooking so it will be done with love, but me? I so love convenient food out of a bag or pack. And that is what I’m having to not buy and replace with salads and noodles. Noodles? Yep, that has been my lunch for the past three days. 460 calories but better than four slices of bread, butter with something on, right? Please say yes? When I eat sandwiches I’m still starving and going along with sandwiches, I have most times, not always a bag of crisps. But we have them from last week’s shopping in the cupboard and I have not even weakened to them.

I know I have turnip and sprouts to go with tonight’s dinner. Not a chance I can eat turnip without butter, but again, I’m not good at all at dieting, I just want to be a day prisoner, not in the jail full time. I will have a tiny amount of potatoes if any, I can do without them to be honest. As for sprouts? Urg, I hate them, I shall eat them as always for health benefits, but to me they are like swallowing an eyeball.

So, in short, this morning I woke up actually feeling good. I think I’m over the pain factor, already? Seams too good to be true and as I have said many many years ago, when I was good at this rubbish, I used to do a month at a time, but for years and years now, it’s been half a day.

When I was able to do a month, I dipped in and out of pain. Gosh I hope this time Mother nature is good and I continue as something drastic has to be done. My body cries every day in so much pain. I move like someone in their late eighties and I’m forties. But more so, my chest is wheezing like a heavy smoker. But I also blame the area we live. We are a city and my delicate lungs are not used to this muck.

I hope if you are joining me to try to get healthier, you too have got to day three or more? If you have had a weak moment, start again.
My inner voice says take control of your body and don’t allow your body to take control of you. Easier said than done, but hour by hour. I know I can fall at any moment and again I very much doubt by Friday, I will be sitting here writing my fat files. Gosh I pray I will be though. I know I’m going out I hope with my friend this week and it will I hope involve a coffee shop, but if I do that I won’t punish myself and I will eat some lovely food, but I won’t have many calories for dinner that night.
Well yours truly
Getting over the grumpy Fi

No comments: