translate

Tuesday 21 March 2017

MOTHERSDAY LUNCH BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Gosh, well, here we are…. Where to start? Yesterday my Son told me he was going to take me out for lunch for Mother’s Day as he will be abroad on Sunday. Just me and him, a lovely Mother and Son lunch. Then he told me he was going to take me to a vegetarian place. Well, my mind was boggled. There are a couple of vegetarian restaurants where we live. Then he gave me the news of where it was? HahahahahahaHeheheheheheheHooooohoooohooo!
In a bike shop.
A what?
A shop that sells bicycles.
Oh, my.
And we weren’t going for lunch, but breakfast. He had to get a haircut first. We went to our town, he parked up, he was really concerned about leaving me. I was fine, it was a proper car park, not as if it was dark and I was down a dark alley way.

He was so sweet, asking me if I wanted the heater left on. Showing me how to do the music and how to unlock the door and do the window, I’m from the days where the knob is on the door to lock with and you wind down the handle to open and close the windows, haha. I mean, who would think that you lock the doors by the dash board?

Off he went and I was so proud that he is so caring. He always was, he just went through a very bad time for three years. Don’t get me wrong sometimes I do still wonder? But in general, he has the warmest kindest heart. Towards his friends too, he is so caring. He really looks out for them and is always there to talk with when they are going through a tough time, makes me realise that I have done an Okay job on him. But really Bloggets, it hasn’t been an easy journey and my times have been challenging. He has broken my heart many times, but I pray he has come out of that and through the other side.

I did try to hint to my Son that we perhaps should think about going somewhere else? But he insisted that we went here. He said he has done some research and he is fed up with seeing me eating salad and chips when we go out to other restaurants, so wants to see me eat proper food. Little things really do bother my Son, our actions do affect our kids, just he is very vocal about his issues and what affects him. It’s sad really, as I don’t mind salads when we go out, I do get a little sad when I see what meat dishes are available and I think what would it take to rustle up a veggie meal? But never let it show. Because at the end of the day, I don’t want to eat animals, it’s my choice, my life. More importantly, the animal’s life.

I didn’t know what to expect from this place I imagined a dark dingy part of a shop with bikes all around. And I wasn’t wrong, but, as we waited for our order, which was a full English breakfast, veggie style, served with one thing I thought was rather odd, sweet potatoes? That took some getting used to, a little sweet for my liking, but different for sure. Of course, the girl serving fancied boy wonder. It was so obvious. My tea pot came with loose tea in, my Son served it like a gentleman. I could have poured it but he took charge. He described the cups saucers and teapot to me as he knows I love stuff like that. Then told me about the surroundings. I asked him were the tables marble? Silly me, I knew they weren’t wood, or plastic, they were cold like marble, but in fact they were metal. Like chrome. There were bikes all around so many colours. Bright blue bikes with brown leather seats. Orange, yellow, red and bright green bikes. Pinks too, will every bright colour with unusual seats. Boy Wonder said that some of them looked really old fashioned, but of course were new so were just quirky.

My boy had the same as me, breakfast. He loves veggie food, just sadly likes meat too now. I wouldn’t say loves meat though and if he had a girlfriend who was a vegetarian, he I’m sure would change back to being a vegetarian. I am shocked his Father still is a vegetarian, that makes me happy. I thought when we split up, he would go back to eating meat. As it’s so difficult to be a veggie especially if you cook for one. Strength to him, he kept it up.

Our breakfast came. Gosh. I ate fried egg. I never even eat eggs at home, and I buy free ranged, but just don’t eat them, though I do love them.

On a slice of fried egg bread was the egg and tomatoes with the odd sweet potatoes, mushrooms and two of the most delicious veggie sausages. Gosh they were really really amazing.

I tell you I was so full and then my Son brought me some cake and a coffee. We had a lovely time, it was full. You know I have a theory, I believe that vegetarians are caring people. There was some really sweet people in there and I don’t think they were wearing potato sacks tied with a rope, but normal clothes, and one Dad was there with his daughter aged about three. He had so much time for her, he was so caring and all through their breakfast, he did a jigsaw with her teaching her about the alphabet. His patients were stunning. I so wish my boy could have had a nice Daddy like that. But having said that, the little girls Mum just sat there never said a word. I bet the Dad was the veggie and the Mother wasn’t? haha.

I was just so proud of BW. He has a golden heart. We went back to the car, he opened the door for me and closed it behind me. Kept asking if I was OK and if I enjoyed it? I did. Moreover, I was so happy to spend some time with him.

On the way, back he pulled over and took a call from his friend. His friend whose poor Dad has just died. Long and short, my Son dropped me off and turned around to go all the way back to town to be with his friend who needs someone right now. Bless his heart. He still takes care of his pal whose Mum died last year, when I say takes care, I mean just watches out for him. He cares for him. Also, he has another friend who is going through a lot of really bad problems right now, so a true friend. A Son I adore. I’m blessed for sure.

As for my food intake? Well last night for dinner, I couldn’t face another salad. I had made it so had some fruit then about half ten in the evening when I was hungry, I ate the salad. So yesterday was an Okay day for eating. I did have two pies cheese pies for lunch. Cereal for late breakfast and my salad. The cereal wasn’t a good one, my Son poured it and then decided he didn’t want it even before eating any, so I didn’t want to waste it, so ate it. But it was a sugared one. So, I guess in calories, I had about 2000. But still, that is about 800 less than I would normally have if I ate bread and potatoes.

Can you believe it’s snowing here? It’s bitter cold too. Back home, the house is so warm. The sun is shining through the windows and Waggatail is resting in the middle of the floor where the sun has the wood warm.

Now to start the day’s housework. I’m doing the family pulled pork, an expression I hate, where it came from, I don’t know. With herb, new potatoes and veg for dinner, me? I think I will have a dessert of custard and bananas. Strange, that’s me. But I have had my intake for the day really, though I’m sure it was all good for me as everything was organic or homemade.

I guess never judge a book by its cover when it comes to this café today, I wouldn’t have picked it, but so glad of the experience, sometimes it’s boring being normal and obvious, picking places that sound lovely. This place didn’t sound lovely, but the food was delicious and the atmosphere just added to life’s experiences.
Until later with love. X


No comments: