translate

Thursday 30 March 2017

KITCHEN DIARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Good evening Bloggets. Well, my head is done in… I’m so confused, in fact my con has never been so fused! Hub and I have spent so long over the past few days deciding where things will go in our new kitchen. I have had more men in my house today, smile… Well, what else is a girl to do?

We have floor tiles on the floor of our kitchen, well, Fiona, where else would one have floor tiles? See, I told you I was confused. Talk about double vision? We have double trouble. We learned not long after we moved here that the person before us, lay the floor tiles on top of other tiles. The man today said that if we lift the second lot of tiles up, we may find that the original floorboards come up and the whole floor basically gives in…. Well, I laughed and showed him our ceiling, oh what a mess that is? There are more cracks in that than the before facelift job of an old actress!

This job is daunting. I’m stressed and we are only on week one. It’s such a big job as in stupid shape of our kitchen. I tell you trying to design a room like this is so difficult, when I did my last extension on another house, remember I told you I drew the plans out on some graph paper? Oh, that was so funny, especially when I handed the builders the design and they asked who did them for me? Hahaha. I told them I did, and they were shocked, but I just don’t have the confidents to do that now days, I am slowly struggling to write my name. Today I was asked to sign a bit of paper, heck, seriously, what was that for again??? Em. I really don’t know, but the man was impressed as he said he has had sighted people who can’t write their name in the box and apparently, my name was right in the centre of where it should have been. It’s something I should practice, just a simple signature, as I am not at all comfortable about writing now not as I used to be. As far as graphs and designs, in my last extension, when I think back, it was a huge dining room, a shower room a study and a large bedroom, but they were simple rooms even the shower room was quite basic in comparison to a kitchen where we have to know about the cooker/oven where it’s going, what kind of oven and hob, the gap above the hob as sadly we have to have a gas hob because the electric hobs are almost all touch pads and I need dials. But me and gas, hmm. I don’t like gas at all. Hub says he prefers to cook on gas, em,, excuse me love, but how many times do you, cook? I can see myself going up in a blue flame… We have to fit in an integrated fridge, freezer, washing machine and dryer. In our kitchen, there are corners and pipe work that have to be made so cupboards go around them. And then we are wanting a pull-out basket cupboard so we can have our tins in and organise them in a better way. I wanted cupboards where the corners of the room, the cupboards kind of pull out and around not to waist space. Now, remembering all this and off to the show room to see what they make of us and just how they will describe things to us? Even walking around the show room, this may be fun, exciting, or a complete waist of time… Let’s see. We are off on our kitchen adventure. Stay tuned in later with what happened. X


No comments: