translate

Friday 3 March 2017

DIARY OF THE BIRTHDAY BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Good evening Bloggets.
Gosh what a day? Firstly, thank you so much for well wishes for my Sons… Birthday. No longer the Teen. He woke this morning with a phone call from his friend singing to him… Hearing Mathews voice, believe me not a good start to one’s day. But, what a lovely lad. He is going out tonight with boy wonder. Haha, along with his other friend who is really nice as he has come a long way from University for the weekend. BW’s old best friend from school, and his gym pal and for the past couple of years have been close friends and a few more guys are joining him.

This morning he went to the gym, then rushed back, showered and we three went out for lunch. Poor Hub couldn’t eat a thing. He isn’t well at all but still went with us.

Well you would laugh. For me, a vegetarian, on the menu there was tomato risotto, or, wait for it? Mushroom risotto. Hahahahaha. Blooming rice or rice. So, I had Haloumi with onion salad but you know it was a Greek restaurant and they make tomatoes taste better than normal tomatoes. How and why? Not sure. I also had their chips which were delicious. I’m not going to make your mouth water with my food, but it was really nice, I also had garlic mushrooms with some small slices of crusty bread. Teen had Haloumi salad garlic mushrooms and a huge steak burger! Oh it was, is, a lovely restaurant we have been to before but the waiter on today was the rudest man alive. What a very horrid man. He was rude to us and to the ladies at the next table, but thankfully Teen just laughed at him, I was stotting with fury. Hub told me to calm down and say nothing. Our Son had a lovely meal, he was so grateful bless him. We came home and he opened his cards. He read mine so thankfully the pen worked… He received a card from our lovely caring friend Kinzy and our friend Yvonne. We bought him a bar of his favourite chocolate and a beautiful belt with a bracelet. Now the bracelet was a gamble as like everything it was all bought on line. It took a long time to pick and research everything but it was worth it to hear his reaction. I also bought him a water bottle for the gym. So, do you get the connection of his gifts? All start with the letter B. haha.

We had a cup of tea with his Nanna’s fine china cups and saucers with some birthday cake. I did my normal candle thing, this year thankfully I managed to put them in the right way, Remember when I put them in the cake one birthday and I couldn’t light them? Because they were upside down. Smile. This year I managed to light one, I only put a few in so less stress for me, but I can’t see the wick so have to feel it but when the candles are close together, I was afraid to burn my fingers. Teen just smiles bless him.

He rushed out picking Sham up and went to the shopping outlet stayed for a couple of hours and came home to change for his night out and once again looks like a model. He is having a meal then a few drinks with his pals. I think there are ten of them meeting up. I doubt he will be home tonight, I wish he would but think he is staying at Shamrocks.

So, all in all, we have seen him for two hours today. As he left the house tonight, he looked shattered. He was almost fifty minutes driving back from the shops. At least he is off work tomorrow.

So, whilst the weather outside is wet and cold, our house is cosy and its just Hub and I tonight as the kids are out playing, smile.

Reflections of the past twenty years. Gosh, I think I have been through every single emotion known to man woman and beast, but I have survived. Just. I tell you it hasn’t been an easy ride.

I just wish my parents were here to be Grandparents to my boy. I hope whoever he ends up marrying, he will be embraced by her family and he won’t just have the two of us. Mind you, I love him for one hundred people.

Later Gators. X


No comments: