translate

Wednesday 1 March 2017

DIARY OF WHEN THE CAT'S AWAY BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Good afternoon Bloggets from a very sunny mild an yet wet England. Well where I live it’s that kind of weather. There is some warmth in that sun, but the rain is cool with a calmness in the air. I was cleaning the wonderful dog run, nice, when suddenly the rain came down, almost like April showers, in March? When the birds started to screech at one another, perhaps to get the worms? It’s funny when it rains the worms seem to come from the ground on the top of the soil and the fish jump from rivers.

Well, gosh, so much to tell you? It seems like ages since I wrote you a normal blog. After my Doxford Hall blogs, I have to face reality!

I must say, I’m still on a high from our two days away. Hub was saying today we should do it again this year. I would love it if our besties would come too. One of my Bloggets from the UK has said she hopes to go there and a friend from America said she is coming to the UK in the Autumn, well, fall in America, and she is going to book Doxford Hall. I can promise they won’t be disappointed. The break has done me the world of good. Mentally and physically. Really charged my batteries.

Today I woke sorted the washing out put that in, and Teen was having breakfast. Well this is a great one. He said he didn’t fill the dish washer, because it was full. I told him it was clean, just needed emptying. He said he knew, but he didn’t have time he had to go to work. Haha. I guess that was one of my first jobs? See, he didn’t finish work last night until half eight then he came home and made pancakes. I put the ingredients together and he cooked them. Oh, they were delicious. We have pancake Tuesday in the UK. I just like mine really simple with fresh squeezed orange and sugar on them. Teen had ice cream on his and though Shamrock came, she doesn’t like them, so her and Hub didn’t bother, great all the more for my Teen and myself. So, we had his dinner dishes and pancake gate. Oh, a Teen in the kitchen creates a blooming mess.

Gosh, how long can I call my Son Teen? I shall tell you, only for another day. Friday, it is his 20th. Oh, my gosh, I feel so sad. Twenty? I don’t want him to get older, he will be a proper man then. Haha. Some say he is already, standing 6 feet 4 tall and weighing 14 stone, but to me he is still my baby. I do wonder if it’s because he is my only child, and I wonder will I change, in five years’ time, will he still be my baby? My Dad died when I was thirty and his last words to me was as he held my hand. “Dads girl.”” I know I was still his little girl right till the end.

Not sure what is happening for Teen on his birthday yet. We are just kind of in the background if he needs to do anything like a meal, but I think and only right, his friends have first choice. Though most of his friends are away at University. I wish he could have a boy’s day or night doing something, but now he is attached to his girlfriend and everything has to be with her. It’s a shame really, same for her, they should do something on their own or with their own friends, it’s good for them. Though they obviously don’t agree. But they are attached by the hip, well, thinking of that, it would be a funny look as little Shamrock, is, well, that. Little. If she were attached to his hip, her little legs would end at his knees and she would be dangling in the air. Hahahahaha.

Well, when we were away, things happened… Lots of things, but at least when we returned our house hadn’t been used for a party well not for more than two that is for sure, but the house was really tidy. I think Shamrock may have made sure of that. But Teen wasn’t too happy, as when he was at work, someone crashed into his parked car. The damage looks small but the cost? Because there are things that have been damaged that are not seen to the naked eye.

Thanks to a customer and in the end, the person’s parents coming into teens place of work, he knew who did the damage, but the person who did it, drove off. He must have seen a customer of Teens writing down his registration and she gave the details to Teen. Long and short of it, I hope it’s got sorted. But now teen has a hired car. Heck, on my card, so if anything goes wrong, it’s my blooming details they have. Why? I hear you asking can’t he have used his card? Hmm. Well, Shamrock decided to cook a lasagne for Teen when we were away, though I left him with cooked food. Teen stupidly gave Shamrock his card and between the two of them, it got lost. So thankfully he stopped his card and applied for a new one. But with a lost card and a crashed car, I don’t think his weekend was that good. But, the house still stands.

On our return, we learned that the garage door was broken, something had happened to the lock. Oh, we were so upset as it’s not one thing that gets fixed then another thing goes wrong. Something had come loose and we knew it was a fee of £70 to get the man out. I did wonder about asking our wonderful joiner, but Hub said he was a clever man could turn his hand to anything, but garage door locks wasn’t his thing… So, I told Teen, he said he would take a look. Gosh, he did too, and only fix it? When I asked what, he did, he started to tell me, well, I’m still not sure! But it works and all fine and dandy.

Hubs working from home today, apart from a small breakfast he took with me, I haven’t seen him since. But it’s a good thing he is working as later is D day.

Oh gosh, I do feel for him, we have had more bad news about that but I won’t bore you with detail. All I know is, the next 12 hours is a Biggy. I hope and pray that this will be it. No more and he can be fixed and relax as he has really been through the mill over the past six weeks.

Okay, best go now to get the washing out of the machine and put into the dryer, then the next load in. Oh, our cooker/oven is broken, it is taking so long to cook anything, so I guess I should start to cook Teens dinner, even though he isn’t due home for another six hours. Haha. He came home for his dinner, I made him potato bake with chicken onions and parsnips. So, it won’t be huge tonight, there is a chicken pie in the freezer I may just do that with some Peas as Hub has said he doesn’t want food tonight. Not after the dentist. Poor baby. I’m not going with him and there is a reason for that. Will tell you when I know the ending. Smile… and I hope it’s a happy one. But let’s say, in the reception of the dentist, it may get a little tense… Hub can do tense really well. I can when I’m really wound up, but I’m not surprised by this lot, confused? It will be made clear later.

Oh, LF did a naughty thing last night, he jumped on my face.
Stop laughing? It blooming hurt. Now I shall leave you with that image, but I have the imprint of a dog foot on my brow. X


No comments: