translate

Friday 10 March 2017

I CAN'T HEAR THE SPARK BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Good evening Bloggets. Gosh, dinner time conversation tonight? Heavy or what? I made a lovely salad as yesterdays was a success so I repeated it today. Bake potatoes with cheese too. I made some slaw as well. There was just Hub and myself as Boy Wonder went out to dinner with his new friend.

Listening to the radio we got onto talking about those who take drugs. Why and how they have got into that situation. I tried to explain to Hub my theory. He didn’t agree of my analyses of how people start to sample with drugs.

I believe that we are all born with genetic switches that can be activated at different times of our lives. So if you are for example born with the pro to drug switch, and you have a certain upbringing, now, hold your horses, I’m so not saying you have to be born into a rough or lower class family or even uneducated, but a family who neglect teaching the lessons of certain morals or allow you to do more than you should at your age, even such as freedom to the extent that you are allowed to stay out later than you should as a child at nights. Or if you are brought up with what I call a silver spoon, so you don’t get taught the word no, and you are made to believe by your parents that you are so much better than anyone else, you will be seen to be different to your piers! Perhaps you will find it more difficult to make friends so when the opportunity for you to make friends, you will eat the situation up like the hungry person you have become. Hungry for the feeling to belong or needed or want to be popular. The thing is, those people are not wanting to be your friend. They want company to enjoy their habit with someone.

Have you ever noticed smokers? When they are at for example a party, one will learn that the other smokes so ask the other to go outside with them for a cigarette? They will turn into children and with some excitement, rush out together. They have a partner in crime if you like.

They, the smoker knows what they are doing is bad for their health, are they really bothered about their new friend? No. If they were, they wouldn’t encourage the other person to join them.

The person who is already into drugs, needs company. They feel safer in their early days of drugs in an army, rather than on their own. It won’t take long before they are okay being alone, but in the early days, they need you. If your switch is activated, if your life has thrown something in your direction that makes you need to feel part of the negative company, then you will go along and for once in your life, will feel part of society!

The story we were listening to I felt for the Mother. In the end, she took her adult daughter to the Police station. Then to court. She was a good Mum and had a good Husband/Father. But this is where my switch theory comes into action. The daughter didn’t feel like she fit in. So, she found a group of people where she belonged, in her opinion. She was dating a much older man, old enough to be her father. It was him who introduced her into drugs and these days some drugs you only need to make one mistake and you are hooked.
The thoughts are generalised. People say like a slip off the tongue. “She fell into bad company. He hung around those kinds of people.””

If that was the case everyone would be into drugs alcohol or smoking
And we aren’t so here is where the switches come into effect! My switch? Where to start? Gosh, the genetic switch is of interest to me as I’m adopted so from the age of four weeks I lived with my Mum and Dad who adopted me but I left the cold shell of my so called natural Mother, though there wasn’t a natural maternal bone in her body, when I was two days old.

My birth parents were very slim, one was a model the other a steeple jockey. I was born small and as a young child I was very tiny but then my fat gene kicked in how? I turned to food for comfort. Whenever I returned from boarding school where we were seriously almost starved, my Mum had my favourite food waiting for me. Home, I was home, safe away from the nasty place I had to be in most weeks’ days and nights. To taste my Mums food made me feel warm. Loved. Back soon though to the hell of a tea plate of food made as a job rather than made with love.

My Mum was huge and fed the world. Her cupboards were bursting with food her fridge was full of delights. So, from being starved to being so full I couldn’t move. Seeing my Mum overweight should have made me sit up and say I will never be like that, it has my Son. He is so healthy and is conscious of his body image, so the combination of his genetic switch perhaps being missing and the fact that I did my best to bring him up with only healthy food, as well as him looking at me and saying heck, no way Mum? Smile. If he had been born with the genetic button, then he wouldn’t in my opinion have been able to avoid the situation of not being in the best of shape and each day eating the wrong foods. So, this is what I mean about the switch and the way of upbringing.

Well I hope you have been able to understand the point I’m trying to get across, I must say it’s rather difficult to write about it as you may know, I touch type and each letter that I type my lap top talks to me, well the software that is in it talks. I’m having trouble in hearing what I am writing even though I have my earphones on, as I’m in our lounge and my love has the rugby on full blast. I must say I’m half listening to it, though I don’t understand a thing about it, apart from I think it should be band as it’s so dangerous and that rugby players have rather beautiful legs. Smile. But I love it because of the atmosphere. Oh, the singing is great. It’s Ireland v Wales tonight. The crowd are fantastic. Whereas football? Oh, sadly you almost can hear how drunk they all are.

OK, so now, we have the Hubsters loud TV Rugby, and he is also telling me about his recurring dream…. How am I meant to write? Haha. Come on Hub, my Bloggets won’t understand this blog? Or perhaps you can, it’s me who can’t hear what the heck A, my head is telling me to write and B, what my fingers are typing.

So, in brief. Boy Wonder has had a great day. He went to the gym with his friend and afterwards, thankfully he got his car back. Few. One thing has gone right for him and his car looks great. He then went out with his new friend who is a brilliant influence and he is very clever. Teen isn’t mixing with clever people anymore and he needs the stimulation. He enjoys his conversations we have around the table, but he needs that from those of his own age and all of his friends are at university, so he doesn’t see much of them. It was so lovely to see him on his return as for the first time in so many months, he had his spark back. Our Son has returned, the happy clever positive lad. Hub helped him to write his CV today too wow, it sounds amazing, Teen has a way with words and that combined with Hubs expertise in what people look out for on CV’s, was a great combination. I wish He had helped me a few months ago, mind you on reflection it wouldn’t have been a good move. Things happen for a reason it just may take us a bit longer to learn the reasons why?

Now BW is out at Shamrocks house.

It has rained all day. Hub and I went for our walk, only we walked for some miles but didn’t move in area. Sadly, as well, we walked without our dogs.
Where were we?
On the blooming treadmill…

OK, I must go now, someone has scored something, whatever the term is for rugby, and the volume has just been cranked up a notch. So, have a great weekend, I am going to publish this without reading it first as that would be impossible to do under these conditions smile. With love.





No comments: