translate

Thursday 23 March 2017

A LETTER TO MUM BY FIONA CUMMINGS

A LETTER TO MUM
BY FIONA CUMMINGS
I wish I could send you a card dear Mum
Take you out do something fun
I wish I could hand you flowers
If only I had a few hours
Just to hold your hand and say goodbye properly
But you were taken from me too early
I didn’t get a chance to say
Thank you for all you did for me
Stepped in to be my Mum when I was sent away
I didn’t tell you enough
I loved you so much
The feelings I felt all those years ago
When I learned, you had gone?
Still lingers on
Deep with in
And days like Mother’s Day remind me
That your face I will never see
I wish I could hear your laugh again
But it’s been replaced by pain
If you can read my letter
Dear Mum
Wherever you are I hope you feel better
I pray you are able to walk freely
Among beautiful petal’s
And may you never stumble upon life’s nettles
May you sleep at nights all comfy
And wake to the song of the birds
I often think Mum who feeds the birds now in your little garden?
May butterflies surround you
And your skies are forever blue
I just wanted to write a letter Mum
From me to you
To tell you I love you
As much today as the day you had to die
I wish you to have perfect wings to make you fly
With feathers, so soft
To wipe my tears dry

© Fiona Cummings March 2017

No comments: