translate

Sunday 19 March 2017

DIARY OF WEEKEND AND FOREVER FRIENDS BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Good day Bloggets. Well, where to begin? I guess at the start! I left you on Friday and its now Sunday. Friday was the seventh day of me trying to change my life for the better as far as health is concerned. Gosh…. I published all seven days on my blog page all seven in one blog if you want to take a look? I was shocked that I had managed to get to day seven without killing anyone, metaphorically that is.

How I did it? Well, I think it’s a long story, I just don’t know how to start chapter one without making it into a novel… And that’s just chapter one…

The most important thing is, something inside of me has changed and I’m kind of dealing with the change before I will be able to explain. All I know is no one can tell you what to do in life and you can take all of the advice and then decide on your own how you are going to let it affect your life and that goes for everything.

My down fall was bread, so I had to cut it out and this was going to kill me. From waking up so angry to going to sleep worried that I wouldn’t be able to get through the next day, to feeling so proud that I had gotten over the pure starving feeling that felt as if my stomach was going to be cut. But then came the weekend… Our friend came from London and we met for lunch, had a great day and had dinner.

How was I going to deal with eating out? Well, it’s been my point since day one, I had to do it my way and do it my way I did.

We went into a grocery shop whilst my friend put the lottery on for herself and she asked me to wait to the side, where had she left me? Oh no… right next to the sandwich stand. Well, I held one in my hand, it was in a box, Haha, not just loose on the shelving.
Oh no, this was a challenge. All the shelving of sandwiches and when my friend came back, guess which one I had picked up?
Cheese and tomato. And I’m a vegetarian. So, I could have picked up ham, chicken, tuna?
Nope, it was made for me! Oh, it was a huge block of triangles. Yum. What will I do? Gosh, I put it back. If you knew me, really really knew me, and no one knows me, not even my love or Son, Even I sometimes don’t know myself. You would know just how difficult that was.

After we went to some shops, I bought a skirt and two pairs of shoes. Took advantage on having our sighted friend to assist us, if I bought one pair, when would the next time be?

Oh, it was great to be able to browse the clothes. Gosh, there were loads of tops that were so pretty, but two pairs of shoes and a skirt were enough. I love shopping with my Hub, he isn’t like most men he actually loves to shop and this is something as a blind couple we find a challenge.

We then went into a fantastic shop that sold kitchens. Just looking, gosh, it was very interesting, the staff were very sweet, offered us tea coffee, we declined both, but then told us that there was a sitting room with comfortable sofas at the back if we wanted to take a drink later and relax. Gosh, we dreamed as our kitchen is fallen apart. Our dish washer has to be fixed every time we use it, our washing machine is fine now, but is starting to make some very odd sounds. Our freezer has, well, stopped, freezing and our fridge has had to have some maintenance done on it so won’t last, well you all know about our dreadful hob? And then there is the oven. It takes ages to heat up. I could go on, but we didn’t win the lottery, so we will have to put up with it, but it was interesting just what you can get these days. Gosh fascinating cupboards that I have never seen, but I love looking at the dining room crockery. It’s like nothing that you can buy in a shop. Really unique things like in a show house, you get pictures on the walls and mirrors that you just do not see in the real world.

We then went for a coffee. So, another challenge. Hub was filling his boots, and I had a cup of coffee end of. No cake, no sandwich. By now I was hungry too.

We then went into a food shop and I bought some rice crackers and cottage cheese. And some pineapple juice, because my friend Julie kindly brought me my absolute favourite drink, a bottle of Malibu.

Wow, I love that drink. It doesn’t taste at all like alcohol. It was a part of my birthday gift bless her, she already sent me a beautiful card and chocolates a couple of weeks ago, on my birthday, so there wasn’t any need for her to spend more money.

We then caught a bus and went out for a meal as some hours had passed. Waggatail did so well she worked and guided like a professional. Haha, what got into her?

My friend said that she loves to work, really? She said that her tail never stops wagging, but it wags downwards, rather than wagging upright like LF’s. He has a tail like a huge cat, kind of rounded upwards and curls. Whereas Waggatails tail is hanging down and gently wags side to side.

The bus was a bit of a problem. After a couple of weeks ago, when we missed our stop to get off. I dread that happening again. But we knew when it was time. Julie confirmed we were where we needed to be.


And off for a meal where we met with more friends. I shared my meal with Julie, it helped she is a vegetarian too and she eats like a fly. Small amounts. I didn’t have a dessert, so was quite pleased with myself.

It was so cold on the way home, it was a great feeling that it was pitch black and I was walking along as if I could see. I love my dog, if she knows the area, she works so well. It’s amazing just how free you can feel as a blind person after being trapped for so many years as a person with some sight, though not much. I do things now that no way I would have done if I was as I was, partially sighted.

Sad goodbyes to Julie, but she will be back. I’m shattered today as we fit a lot in yesterday, but a lot of catching up with her and great memories. Tomorrow is a new start to the week, but today I have done so well and my Hub is so pleased he said he was really proud that I seem to have a new lease on life. I’m just sick of having this body, but so far, I dare not get on the scales. If I had not at a meal yesterday, I would be some lbs lighter, so I will wait until about mid-week, before I do so. Gosh it will be great if I hear 3lbs lighter on my talking scales?
Stay tuned. X






No comments: