translate

Monday 20 March 2017

HEAD HUNTED BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Good day Bloggets.
Today didn’t start off well as I stepped on the scales and the ladies voice in my scales read out a wrong set of numbers. To say I was devastated is an understatement, but what is different this time is, I’m not giving up. It’s only been ten days since I started this new way of eating and I can say I do feel better and happier that I have stayed with the plan and not quit. Quitter is my middle name. I am determined to wear summer tops and feel good this year.

I came downstairs, let my dog out, groomed her, played with her in the garden, came in washed my hands and put on a cup of tea. Then went to start Boy Wonders lunch. Fresh pasta, mushrooms, tomatoes, spinach and cheese! I took from the fridge some chicken I kept back from his yesterday’s lunch and added that to the dish of all cooked food.

Then I started on the family meal for tonight, steak casserole and for me? Salad with cottage cheese. I made a large salad and put it in the salad spinner, I must say, if you are going to eat salads and you don’t have one of those, they are amazing. They keep the salad crisp too it’s shocking just how much water you tip out of the dish once spun!

Then I filled the dish washer cleaned the work tops down and did the floors. Then my shopping arrived. Such a sweet man today, at first when the guys used to hand me the bags, I used to think they had horrid hard hands rough too with being outside in all weathers. Then I realised that they wear gloves….

He asked me today how I managed to know what was in the tins? I smiled and thought never mind the tins, what about the frozen food and fresh, not to mention the toiletries. After trying to find the sauce for my Sons lunch, I opened a jar of new pickle onions, then a jar of cherries that you have with drinks. That was my own fault as I was lazy, normally I would have shook the jars and heard that they rattle, sauce doesn’t… Silly me. Hub taps jars to know what is in them. He says he knows what is mayonnaise because the bottom the eggs settle and he can hear the dull tone… Really? I am kind of learning jars because of the labels have different textures, but it’s a pain. Please hurry with a cure for sight? The kitchen would be a dream then, and my days would be so much less stressful.

Just then, my Son walked through the door, he has been working since six this morning. He gave me a nice surprise. Tomorrow he is taking me out to lunch. He is taking me to a very nice vegetarian fooderie. I have never been before, but let’s hope they sell more than goats cheese and risotto? I don’t know how he will cope, haha, no meat?

Gosh, I hope it’s not full of, well, you know kind of free spirited people? In clothes made from potato sacks tied with a homemade rope? Hahhahaha
I shall let you know tomorrow.

He won’t be here for Mother’s Day, so this is why the treat now. He is off on holiday in a couple of days. My lovely Blogget and friend from South Africa has emailed me, I love her emails and get so excited when I see her name in my mail, but I’m trying to keep her email for as long as possible as for when my boy is away, I shall need every bit of support possible. My heart will be broken. I miss him so much but he will be having a great time with Shamrock. I pray.

Bless her, she is all packed and even has spending money, as for my Son? Nope, last minute Charlie.

It’s windy today has been raining heavy but it’s not at all cold. Gosh this year we really are going to have huge wasps. They will be so big because of the mild winter, they will come with leather jackets and work boots.

I received a phone call today from a company who are now starting to annoy me. Last time I spoke with them, it was obvious that the lady thought I was a young girl. Hahhahaha. No cameras were involved. And she spoke to me like I was her granddaughter. This time, same company different person. She said she had me down as a first-time buyer? Em, hello we have not long moved we are not moving?
Why was that I wonder, perhaps because she thought I was a child last time? Then the person asked me where I lived? I gave her my post Coad and she then asked for my door number? By this time, I got very cross. I don’t want mail. She said oh no my dear, we wouldn’t. Then why do you want my address? Only your door number she exclaimed. And my post Coad? I know you can get my full address by that information I put the phone down. She is very keen to sell me her offerings. Haha. She has or they have as a company emailed me, phoned me and text me.

My Son was approached end of last week from a website he has put his CV on. She said his profile qualified him for a job she was looking for someone just like him.
She spoke with him for half an hour and asked him to go for an interview after he passed the telephone interview.

He went on Friday, all suited and booted. He looked so smart but he wasn’t’ sure at all if the job was for him, though the money really interested him.

I must say it was a fortune. Well Friday tea time he learned he had the job. But, he has thought about it and isn’t interested. I’m so very proud of him. He turned down almost double what he is earning now because he wants to be happy in the work place, so money didn’t dictate his decision. Great, as if he were still dating his last evil gf, he would have had no choice but take it to keep up with her spoiled little brattish lifestyle that is supported by anyone but herself.

Obviously, it did his confidence good though. Will he regret it? I don’t honestly know, but to be truthful I couldn’t see him doing that.

He has been offered promotion in the job he is doing, but it’s slow progress. I just wish he would go to night school. He is so clever and is wasted. But that is up to him, perhaps he will one day.

My Husband also was head hunted last week, and again turned the job down, earning 24 thousand more than he is at this job… What is wrong with my boys? Hahaha. I will take both jobs please?

OK will go for now but before I do, something to think about?
What we think, we become
Buddha
Silence is golden if you don’t know the answer.
Muhammad Ali
This is for you, and for a Blogget who I hope will know who she is? Someone who is concerned about a holiday she is going on.
Vulnerability, is showing up and being seen. It’s tough to do that when we are terrified about what people might see or think.
Brene Brown
Try to do the things that you have always thought impossible.
Fiona Cummings

No comments: