translate

Thursday 1 January 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR2015


Happy New year Bloggets.

It’s seven in the evening of the first of January 2015.

The wind is howling outside and it’s cool but for this time of year mild.

 

Today has all been a bit of a blur to be honest. All I know is I have cooked and remembered to breathe.

Last night we went to our Neighbours and met with friends Di and co. It was lovely to catch up with everyone. The host Mel was as ever really lovely, hilariously funny and absolutely in good spirit.

 

They have just got an extension and it is really a fantastic job. Their house is so welcoming. A kind of place you feel at home as soon as you walk through the door.

 

Neighbours brought their home made punches and cocktails. Oh heck. You know when they taste of juice.

But it’s not juice?

And when your pourer tells you after you have drank it that there are three double shots of everything in there?

Well, I had in total over almost seven hours, four drinks, so I really purposely didn’t overdrink.

But as Hub explained today, my four drinks were about twelve.

I was so not drunk. I hate drinking as I get drunk very easily, but the house was hot and I was thirsty as the food needed a drink to go with it. So I drank the juice.

 

Well, I walked home with our friend in a streight line and made perfect sense and knew exactly what was going on and where I was, but today?

Ooh my word. I feel terrible. Not really a headache. But something has disconnected.

 

Hub is Okay though as ever, quite normal. Last night he had a good old sing song at the party but apart from that, he was alright. I was the bore as ever and quite civilised. Though I really enjoyed myself I think that is the best New Year I have had in over twenty years.

 

Mel was so complimentary towards me telling me I had no lines on my face and didn’t look near my age, bless her, haha haha. I wonder if it’s her time for glasses. Seriously though, I don’t know what I look like when I go out, so it was so sweet to hear that also I can’t ask my Husband how I look? Sometimes I joke with him and ask him

Standing a distance from him

“Does my bum look big in this?”

 

Funny thing is, he kind of hesitates before answering as though he is looking. Hehehehehe. Then gives me the kind answer

“No, not at all.

Then his nose grows like Pinocchio’s.

 

Teen went out to town with about twenty friends. Firstly went to a party at a house then town. He went into a club and danced then went to the Minster for midnight and back to dance. He also fit in a Pizza during the night and believe it or not, walked all the way home about thirty five minutes’ walk.

 

For lunch today I cooked a three bird roast for the meat eaters and homemade chips with mushy peas and for supper later we are having hot buffet food.

 

Going to watch Telly now and then an early night I think.

 

Received lovely texts from my Brother and Sister in law and my two Nieces. My mad Aunt text last night about nine telling me she was going to bed…

Loads of texts from friends today so all well in the jungle of the New Year.

 

Lots of dreadful news today though about people being stabbed and shot in the UK and I think there has been five house fires where people have died.

 

All in England. This is news we used to only hear from America, now it’s here, it’s not good. I think this year will really be one of great breakthroughs and historical happenings. I can’t say why I feel this, but this year will make history for reasons we have never seen before.

 

It’s like a new beginning. As though we are entering a new world. Perhaps this will make sense to some? I can tell you, it doesn’t to me… I just know this is what I feel and how I feel.

 

I so much want it to be a good year. I really hope idiotic behaviour will be a motion from the past and we will all live in peace.

 

It would be wonderful if by this time next year, I am saying to you that this will be the last New Year I am blind and those who can’t see at the start of the year will have been told they will get new treatment within months. But if not, and we have to wait a little longer, so be it. I can’t see and I have had a lovely New Year with kind people.

 

Di and I had a good old catch up and a laugh and Hub called the girls by my phone shortly after midnight and they are Okay.

 

Right, let’s get this show on the road and publish this before I ramble some more. I hope this gets to you as really I’m not feeling my best. Hehehe.

 

By the sounds of outsides weather, I hope we have a roof by morning?

 

Lots of love and let’s all join together and have hope for this year and believe in ourselves and bright safe roads a head! Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments: