translate

Wednesday 21 January 2015

IS WHEN I SAID I DO BY FIONA CUMMINGS


IS WHEN I SAID I DO

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

On bended knee

You proposed to me

Your chocolate eyes

Full of surprise

You wore your heart

Upon your sleeve

Till death do us part

Be with me please

Your words so true

My love for you

Like a flower bloomed and grew

Your hand in mine

Ring on my finger

Just to frees that moment in time

To be able to linger

I never wanted that time to end

Forever you will be my best friend

My love

My everything

I thank the lord above

Your heart beats to a song I sing

Until we fly off on an angel’s wing

I will only be by your, side

You ended sad days for me

And all the tears I cried

You placed a kiss upon my lips

And showed me feelings not to hide

Our cart pulled by a horse

Took us on a course

Through bumpy roads we travelled

But smooth paths we found

Via rough ground

Of hills and gravel

You make me feel safe

So of course I will wear lace

And your band of gold

For it’s you who keeps me away from cold

Holds me so close

You gave me a red rose

And we began to make our wedding plan

You held my hand

And we danced

 To a tune of romance

Our love overflowed with abundance

 The day my dream came true

Is when I said I do

 

Copyright Fiona Cummings 2015

No comments: