translate

Friday 30 January 2015

DIARY OF TALKING SCALES MUMS WITH CHILDREN WITH RP TRUE LIFE NIGHTMARE AND MORE


Good day Bloggets. I’m onto my second cup of tea. A lovely tea I have not bought for a while, as had forgotten about. Our shopping came last night. Oh heck. Really. Someone wants to sack the people who write the descriptions of some items we can buy? So it read

“A half pint tumbler”

What would you think it was? It was only a pound in money, so I bought six. Well, when they came. Hub went a little crazy. He asked me what the heck I was doing with these. I asked what? He said cups? I said no, glasses. He replied no, handing me, six packs of ten, plastic cups you get at take aways?

Oh I was so mad? I mean why did they say a tumbler?  Rather than a pack of ten plastic cups.

 

So is it party time at Fifi’s?

 

I mean, what the heckers am I going to do with 60 plastic cups?

 First time I didn’t go to the door to get the shopping in. If I had, I would have sent them back.

 

The sun is shining today and it’s actually hot if you are under it.

 

Good, as I have the dreaded job of the dog run to do soon. I keep putting it off but have to do it, went out to do it yesterday and it was so cold my hands I couldn’t feel.

 

Gosh I have to tell you about my true life nightmare.

I woke up this morning and I have never had this experience before. I actually woke up in terror, as I realised I had lost my sight through the night. I squeezed my eyes together, opened them and put my fingers to them. Nothing. Dark red before my eyes.

 

Then my brain told me I was being silly, as I had lost my sight seventeen years ago almost.

 

But my eyes were saying different. They were saying I could see before bed. It was horrible. Really horrible. Half in a dream still obviously. Oh gosh, it left me shaking, really bad.

It brought back those horrific hours after I had lost my sight all those years ago. I felt sick.

 

I think I know why this state of mind was. The group I’m in asked a question

“What is best? Waiting to go blind still having sight, or being blind?”

I began to write a blog yesterday in response to this question, but when I read it back, it was so dark, I cancelled it.

 

Waiting to go blind is a death sentence. Being blind is dying. But at least when you die, you can find a place to wrest and calculate your life.

 

Every night when I used to go to bed. I shivered thinking what the doctors said when I was a child of four. I could go to bed at night and wake up blind the next morning. I never slept properly after then. That evil man, I hope he has visited hell now.

 

Thankfully most Doctors now days are not like the old days. And if you are a parent and your child has just been diagnosed, I can’t imagine the pain you must be going through, but, it’s different now days. There is hope. Even ten years ago, there was no hope as far as medical advances go. Research has come a long way and technology. Your child I am sure won’t end up blind, but if they do, please don’t do what my Mum did and not except it. You will only do your child harm. My loving Mum took me all over the world to find treatment/cure. I would do the same for mine, but I would also prepare my child for the inevitable. To ignore, is ignorance and your child will end up a total mess. I promise. When they are young they are like sponges. Allow them to be ready for this world if it happens to them. If it doesn’t, then they have added skills that could get them a good job in the future.

 

It surprises me just how many people with my eye condition put photographs up in the RP groups I’m in without even thinking about those who can’t see them?

 

Is it selfish or burying their heads again. I know when I had some sight, I hated the word blind. To me it was a swear word. A word I felt so uncomfortable with. And this is why I took so badly to it happening. I was totally suicidal.

 

There are Mums in the groups I’m in who won’t tell their children they have RP. If only they knew how much harm they are causing? It’s tragic to be given such news. It would kill me. But your child can live a good life, though different, he/she would have to adjust. I wasn’t allowed to adjust and I suffer each day of my life now.

 

As I said, I am sure that our children of today won’t reach adulthood in the dark.

 

If they do? Well, how ready will they be?

 

Oh we got our talking scales yesterday. Well. Em. They are bigger liars than the old ones. In fact they came with a hu’u’ge Pinocchio nose attached

 

Oh but the best bit was, they obviously talk. They can speek German French Spanish and English, well, in German it read Deutsch, In Spanish Espanol and French it said Francias.  

Well, when it came to the English? Hahahahahaha. It said in a clear voice

Eengleesh.

Say wha’a’t?

Really, so we got on the scales. Not together as there is a limit… As we were not on a visit to the zoo, Hub got on first, he got off blaming his clothes; he even took out from his pocket his mobile. Hahahaha. Like when I could see, I used to remove my glasses, but then I couldn’t see the pigging scales as then I didn’t do the blind thing…

Well, I got on then after hearing my bad news; I looked at the feet on the stupid machine. Obviously they needed adjusting?

Em

No. They were fine.

Well, must be because the batteries are at fault?

Hub said no, if they were they would not work.

Oh well, it must be because they are new and need breaking in.

Or may be not. Later gators. X

No comments: