translate

Friday 16 January 2015

UNFORGIVEN OCEAN BY FIONA CUMMINGS


UNFORGIVEN OCEAN

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 

As shells shimmer next to the ocean

The salted water bubbles like a potion

Rocks point to the moving skies

The moon is king to the tides

Like a steeple

Church to the sea, people

Proud grey green mossy stone

 To creatures it’s their home

Waves smash

Driftwood will bash

The angry vast water will thrash

 Sandstorms rise and spit

Salting whatever it may hit

The ocean is hungry

Really greedy

Will take whatever it can

From creatures to man

Biting through

Regurgitating liquid blue

What a view

Winds forcing me to the edge

Begging me to pledge

My soul

 To the seaweed as black as coal

Pushing me forward, I’m fighting with air

Looking right through me

That cruel stare

Leave me here just to watch the beach

Mermaids open arms to reach

I do not want to be with you now

It won’t give up

Tell me to deny and how?

My face is burning

Insides are churning

There’s no one else to grab onto

I’m the only one hear

In so much fear

I’m gripping hold of the sea wall

But so afraid I will fall

The winds are wild

Bending forward are blades of grass

Cutting through me like shards of glass

I reach for help but I’m pushed away

How this place can change from day to day

Tomorrow children will play

But now it’s angered

Everything is hammered

Roaring growling

The monster is prowling

What am I, against such a beast

I’m hoping not to be its feast

But the beauty before me

Is the sea

Shapes of wildness

Sprays salted tears

Grey fears

White tide break

Leave go and what a mistake

Give me strength to stay on shore

Keep my feet to the floor

Catch my breath

Don’t take me to my death

Allow me to endure

Such nature, so pure

 

Copyright Fiona Cummings 2015

No comments: