translate

Monday 26 January 2015

MONDAYS DIARY


America, United Kingdom, Taiwan, Ukraine, Tunisia, Australia, France Jamaica, Bulgaria and Algeria, are just some of the countries who have visited our blog page today. Welcome old and new friends.

 

Teen just left for work. He’s there till eight tonight. I have just ordered some new bathroom scales. Those who think people without sight don’t need help with finances? If you don’t work or are fortunate to have a partner who does work, really, the prices of things to make our lives easier, is dreadful. Extortionate in fact. So for some kitchen scales, if you can see, you can get them for about £9/10. If we need them to talk, times that by about four. Same with bathroom scales and for simple clocks, and I mean simple, cheap plastic from China, they ask obscene amounts of money. I wouldn’t mind paying, if the items looked nice? Anyone who can invent a good looking wall or mantel clock please? We don’t all want black plastic, with ugly speakers on it. What ever happened to wood? Modern chrome?

 

Recently I wrote about the watch I bought my Husband for Christmas. A Timepiece. It’s beautiful in its own way. It sure gets attention. It’s beautifully made and looks so stylish. All our three kids really liked it and my Son was fascinated by it. So it can be done. We need the maker of this watch to make more as the general assumption is, if you can’t see, you’re not bothered about what things look like. Now this watch was almost, well, £5 under £200 so not cheap, but at least it looks great.

 

So in a few days, my scales will come and I will receive the bad news…

 

I try to weigh myself when the house is empty, hahaha, as they talk, rather than whisper. I’m sure they tell lies too.

 

Beef stroganoff for tea for the boys, with chips and sweet potatoes with green beans too. For me? Vegetarian pie.

 

I never did get my Russian friend Olga to make Beef stroganoff, my Son was saying the other day, how he misses her cabbage pie. It was the best. Russian stroganoff is so much better than anywhere else in the world. I know it should be, as that is where it origionates from, but there is a huge difference between Russian and other countries. Whereas something like Pizza, Hungarian Goulash and Paella, we can get very close to at home or in restaurants, but Stroganoff? No. Nowhere near. Same as Chicken Kiev’s. There is nothing like the Kiev’s you get in Russia.

 

Oh all this food talk is making me hungry. But the arrival of my scales is playing on my mind too.

 

A big day tomorrow for my Hub. Work calls and a very special person he will meet with.

 

So tonight, the hunt for shirt and matching tie? Nightmare. Will it be his black suit or blue? I think I can tell by the material, it’s slightly different, but not enough. I will use my colour machine to see his shirt colour, but that is the same machine that tells me I have green hair… So may use Tap Tap see. The application for the IPhone. That is much more accurate. It’s so much stress though, so may do it before Hub gets home.

 

I wish I could get my dog for a walk. Poor thing hasn’t been on a free walk for weeks. It’s cruel. I throw her toy up and down the yard for her and we do go to the shops/Doctors/chemist and so on but really, it’s a free run she needs. I could pay the lady who looks after them, but they come back so dirty. She lets them in the river and it’s not a good look.

 

We have a huge field here, but I dare not let her off as she won’t come back if there is another dog. Then I’m stuck in the field without a dog to get home but more importantly, my baby girl has gone…

 

My friend Gillian is due back from the Caribbean so I hope in a couple of weeks, she will get out. But too long in between.

 

I don’t know what was bothering the geese last night, but about two this morning, they were going crazy on the lake. I hope they will be alright. We have in the summer over a hundred on there, along with ducks and swans. I would love to walk around it, but my dog like Hubs, sadly when they are near the park, they don’t act like guide dogs. They won’t guide. And why should they? If only they understood, they would get out every day if they would behave.

 

My Wagga would walk me into the blooming lake if she was given the chance.

 

Our canary, he’s Irish, is singing again. Bless him, he is so sweet. I think he is on his last legs then before you can say “Bobs you’re uncle” He’s away again, trying to break glass with his song.

 

Alright, will go for now, but before I do, In China, in 2010; there was a traffic jam that lasted twelve days…

 There are more vending machines in Japan, than there are people in New Zealand.

Now, aren’t you glad you read this? Hahaha. Are you feeling suitably educated?

No?

Oh, well, never mind, there’s always another blog…

 

No comments: