translate

Wednesday 28 January 2015

A GOODNIGHTS LAUGH


Have I told you about the new application for blind people? Or people who are partially sighted? It’s called be my eyes. It’s free and for all over the world. It’s a volunteer service. There are about eight thousand V.I’s subscribed and over a hundred sighted volunteers.

 

Well, my Husband used it for the first time today. You hear a ringing on your phone as though you are calling someone. Somebody answers somewhere in the world.

 

You ask your question, either, what is the sell by date? What tablets are these or what does this jar say? They answer, live.

 

It worked for us today. Fantastic. Then you can give feedback.

 

Thank you too all the volunteers.

 

Hub said before I go out in the future, I could ask it or them him or her, what my makeup looks like? Haha, cheek. I said wouldn’t it be funny if there  I was doing my impression of a clown, lipstick all over, mascara looking like a panda, and so on, and I phone up. I am looking into the camera and I ask

“Is this a tin of beans, or peas?”

They answer beans; I thank them, then end the call? Hahahaha.

 

Luckily, I am Okay with my makeup. I wear as little as possible then I can’t make a mistake, well, I can, but it’s not so huge. I don’t wear mascara either and over the years, I am used to putting everything on with my fingers, but last time I was out with my friend, I bought for the first time in my life. Make up brushes. Oh heck. I felt as though I was reconstructing Leonardo’s Mona Lisa

   If you can imagine air kissing your love?

Playing a piano without being allowed to touch the keys?

Driving without a wheel. So having to wave your direction.

 

Best way to put make up on is using your fingers. Remember to washing them afterwards though. If you do have to use a brush, gently tap it over your make up, to release any loose powder before putting it on your face, then you won’t get smudges/blobs.

I always put my lipstick on more the inside of my mouth than the outside, then put my lips together and hope it covers all over.

 

I have recently bought an eye shadow. I never wear that, but dared myself. Well, my new blush looks the same as my eye shadow. If I get them mixed up, it won’t be disastrous, as they are both pink, but imagine if my shadow was blue? Or green? And I put it on my cheeks?

Then made a call to be my eyes. Hahaha.

 

Going back to Be my eyes, my friend is going to down load it to see what the Doctor put on his Prescription. It’s for work, he has to show it. Well, if you can see, you will look, if you have no sight, it’s a bit of paper.

 

Dusted today my precious ornaments. Gosh I have a load of them. But I love every one so much. They are all special to me for so many reasons. I think if I were to count the ones I have in my living room, I would have about one hundred.

 

I collect Beatrix Potter and I love them also elephants, fairies, angels and blue and white china.

 

Even my Husband has a little collection of rather nice bronze.

 

Then in my conservatory? Oh they go on. About fifty in there. It would break me if any of them got broken. This is the trouble when you collect something. You start to love it/them, so they become precious to you. Some things my Mum and I received in Russia. A lot of ornaments my friend bought me. She was so very kind, and I see what she has bought me and feel very sad.

 

I have Pegasus too; my friend Vivi bought me those. And some lovely things my Son bought. So a lot.

 

Upstairs though, not many at all.

I’m trying to get my Husband to help me to sort out his office. Oh it’s a horrible cupboard full of junk right now. Everything we don’t want goes in there.

 

It’s the only room we haven’t bothered with since moving here.

 

I want to turn it into a bedroom for when our two girls come, right now, they will have to sleep in the same room and it’s not that big.

 

The wind is wild. It’s cold enough to have a visit from Jack Frost. Snow is forecast overnight too. My brother and Sister are in Jamaica. Wow, they will feel the cold on their return.

 

Okay, before I go I hope to put a smile on your faces.

Q: What do you get when you cross a karate expert with a pig? A: A pork chop.

 

Now some questions

Q: Mary’s father has 5 daughters – Nana, Nene, Nini, Nono. What is the fifth daughter’s name? A: If you answered Nunu, you are wrong. It’s Mary!

 

Q: How can a pants pocket be empty and still have something in it? A: It can have a hole in it.

 

Q: In a one-story pink house, there was a pink person, a pink cat, a pink fish, a pink computer, a pink chair, a pink table, a pink telephone, a pink shower– everything was pink! What color were the stairs? A: There weren’t any stairs; it was a one story house!

 

Q: What word becomes shorter when you add two letters to it?
A: Short

Q: What travels around the world but stays in one spot?
A: A stamp!

Q: What occurs once in a minute, twice in a moment and never in one thousand years?
A: The letter M

 

Okay, I could go on, but I think I have lowered the tone of the blog page enough.

Goodnight, sleep well wherever you are, at some point today. Xxx

No comments: