translate

Friday 16 January 2015

THE PUSH I NEEDED


India, Philippines, Norway, US, Canada,, UK, Germany, Russia, Bulgaria, South Africa and Israel, are just some of the countries that have viewed my blog page today Thank you so much and welcome new Bloggets and hello again to my faithful ones.

 

Thank you for all the support from dear friends in the groups I’m in. you are all amazing and make this page work.

 

So where did I leave you? Oh yes, I was to go out. I was so afraid. I was having a real weak moment. All week I have not been filled with confidence, you know those times when everything you do seams to turn out wrong?

 

Just little things like having to pay someone to do things like post things for me. Our post office is a car ride away and not walkable and I’m not even sure it’s on a bus route.

 

Just feeling hopeless, but knew if I didn’t go to the shop today, I would be letting myself down and because of the strength I have received from all of you, I wanted to do it for all of us.

 

So the winds were howling and the ice bit at my fingers as I walked with Waggatail along the street taking in sounds of building work and cars trying to defrost. Engines revving and car doors slamming. Footsteps walking by, who? Not sure. Just footsteps. A body touched my arm as I walked with I’m sure an expression upon my face that had only one focus in mind and that was not to make a mistake.

 

I knew today was the day for the bins to be emptied. So please Wagga, avoid them?

 

It was slippy. Crystals of ice crunched beneath my feet. I didn’t know this when I left or no way I would have gone.

 

Jack Frost nipped at my fingers as I gripped onto the harness. My dog is not the most forward dog. She is so nosey looks at everyone anything that is in our vicinity.

 

Her head is all over the place and this reflects in the movement of the harness.   Doesn’t walk in confidence, so she moves slightly left to right all the time. Hubs dog is forceful and strong she pulls you along almost. She is a go getter and knows what is to be done. My little girl gets bored and has the attention span of a nat.

 

I just stopped her from walking onto our really busy road, with traffic speeding by. She obviously saw another person or dog across the road. Really, dreadful. But at the end of the day, she is an animal. It is also up to me to work. Hubs dog he can almost have a picnic on the way he can be so relaxed, but she is half German Shepard, and they are great dogs. Mine is typical Labrador and looks for food all the time.

 

Well, we got there, though there was a point when I wondered if we missed our turn, but no, we did it and Alex was in the shop, he’s great and very helpful. He’s the guy after helping me a couple of years ago, asked me if he could carry my bags to my car????

I’ve never let him forget that one...

Anyway, I got my money too, so out into the cold again and walking home, she was not too good either, but again, we did arrive home. Oh how I love the sound of my wind chimes. The sound of home.

Into the front door, a treat for Wagga, and shoes off, food put away, money to teen and washed hands had a cup of coffee and sat on my bed.

 

Few.

Gosh, to get in such a state and I know I can do it? Just sometimes I need encouragement. Today I received it.

 

It takes me ages to get over the stress of it all. The concentration my body suffers, but I did it and I for one am so glad I did. It really does help your mind. I just wish I had another place to go apart from our local food shop. It’s a small shop, we can’t do our weekly groceries, but it’s great for small things. We have so many shops nearby, but impossible to walk there because the road is a nightmare and has no safe crossing also the bus there Wagga won’t do so have to do that with Hub. Tomorrow we are off there, so see how she works then.

 

Meanwhile, my friend and neighbour have just asked me to go to a meal next week, so that will be nice and who knows what will happen between this week and next?

 

Hub on the treadmill now, he is doing so well with that. Every night half an hour. When he used to work abroad, he would walk hours around airports and train stations. Now it’s taxi office and home. So good on him. Just wish I had that in me. But I did the shop, so small and pathetic to some but to me a marathon.

 

Thank you all again for all your love and messages.

X

No comments: