translate

Tuesday 6 January 2015

RP LULLABY LOVE


I heard from someone yesterday who is pregnant with my eye condition, I say my eye condition, I don’t own it, but it’s easier than spelling that huge word out and I could call it RP, but some people wouldn’t know what that stood for…

So if you are pregnant, try to practice on a friend’s baby or family member, they may try to tell you how to do it but at the end of the day, you do what makes it right for you.

 

If you can’t get a real baby to put on the nappies, then a doll. Sounds silly, but anything you can do to practice, will help and eliminate stress when the time comes, as when that time comes, believe me, you won’t have time to think.

 

I didn’t have any practice and wish I had. Feeding babies with a bottle? Well you have to measure the powder out and then add the water, if you put water in first then powder; it’s so much more difficult. You can get jugs with tactile lines on. If you turn the teat around in the baby’s mouth from time to time, it helps with their wind and with them taking the milk. It’s amazing how your baby will learn to get food he/she will have to come to you rather than you feeling for their mouth, if you hold the bottle,  Use one finger releasing it from the grip of the bottle to feel for babies mouth then the teat will go where your finger is.

 

Obviously always wash hands before dealing with baby, and afterwards.

 

Never ever lay baby on the table on one of those changing mats, the baby will wriggle and the mat will slip off the table onto the floor.

 

Always do things like changing nappies on the ground and have everything at hand what you need for example, baby wipes open, nappy sacks open the bag ready and nappy ready. Disposable nappies fasten at the front, sounds silly? Well, I didn’t know when I had mine and your brain goes to mush.

 

When your child gets old enough to crawl, learn to carpet ski. In fact skiing is good for not standing on toys too as really that will hurt to stand on a toy let alone break the toy.

 

When I used to go out I went with my ex Husband so he could see there was no problem. As for my now Husband, he had his two girls and had to carry them on his back in one of those harnesses, but I don’t think that will be good for your back, I asked him how he used a pushchair? He told me he would pull it behind him, I did the bad thing of laughing as that really would look odd, but I felt so bad after that as what choice did he have? He couldn’t push the pram as he would crash it into something so pulling it with one hand and using a guide dog or cane in the other hand. I can tell you he did a fantastic job and brought the girls up so well. He was a great Dad when they were growing up despite having family members on his in-law side telling him he was doing everything wrong.  At the end of the day, you do what makes it right for you.

 

It’s obvious that if you are pregnant you are going to stress about having your baby, but if you are blind or sighted, you will panick, it’s called being a Mother. If you are comfortable, your baby will be. Your baby will pick up on any tension. Just keep things in order, label them if you can with Braille or a fantastic pen friend, I wish they were around when I had my baby, if you can’t read Braille, get yourself a penfriend please? They can be bought from the RNIB in the UK, not sure about other countries but the internet will tell you. If you need any more information please feel free to contact me.

 

My contact details will be coming up for this year in a blog coming to a cinema near you soon. Hehehe. My email address is the same as last year, but if you don’t have it, don’t worry, I will be publishing it soon.

For New RP Mum and Dads out there, you have your time, your love for your child and that is the most important thing. Don’t be afraid, just try your best to get in as much practice as possible before junior comes along.

With Lullaby love.

 

No comments: