translate

Thursday 15 January 2015

THE DEATH OF SENTIMENT BY FIONA CUMMINGS


THE DEATH OF SENTIMENT

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 

A room to my own

My quiet zone

Time to reflect

Wondering why there’s no respect

Blades and bullets

Crime with mallets

So much hatred

Liquids red

Greed is fed

Self importance

Prepared to take a chance

No matter of the consequence

What has gone wrong with the world

Obsessed with gold

Icy hearts

Closed arms

As though we are programmed, like robots

They say a leopard can’t change its spots

So is it too late

A permanently closed gate?

As I sit here wondering

Thinking of what I can do

Just pondering

Trying to have a wider view

Where can we go

How can we show?

Love and respect to those who don’t want to know

I think everyone should have a quiet room

To work out what they need in life

Is it really the killing we want from a knife?

Is it detachment

Have we seen the death of sentiment?

 

Copyright Fiona Cummings 2015

No comments: