translate

Friday 23 January 2015

LOST DOG


 Oh my word. My heart is pounding. I’m almost crying. Teen came from college, after half an hour, he went back out. On his way out, I followed him to the door and locked it behind me, but there was something preventing the door from closing. I kicked a pair of shoes, not those, so bent down a position  I don’t like as every time I bend down, I crack my skull or nose or somewhere on my face. The bridge of my nose is the worst. But I had to as the dogs were behind me. So didn’t want them to escape. Found the culprit, the dog harness had fallen from the basket at the front door. Moved it back closed and and locked the door. Fed LC was happy Wagga didn’t try to get there first. LC went out from the kitchen like a good girl and I then prepared Wagga’s food. Wondering why she wasn’t at my ankles, I called for her. No bells rang from her collar, oh heck. No? Where was she? I must have locked her in the hall. No, she wasn’t there. LC was concerned or, more like wanting seconds, as I’m walking around the house with the dinner dish in my hand. Wagga has bells as she is so naughty. LC comes to you all the time. Not Wagga, unless you have food. I had food. No Wagga.

 

My heart began to beet in an uncomfortable way. Teen hasn’t got a phone. He’s away out with friends and my dog has got out of the front door. Oh Gosh.

 

I went to the conservatory, was she there? No.

She couldn’t be outside? It was about twenty minutes since I was out there.

I opened the door. Oh thank God she was there. I didn’t know whether to kill her or cuddle her.

She’s fed anyway. She was in the back garden safe. It’s gated.

 

Few, I am so relieved she wasn’t out the front, I really don’t know what I would have done? I could have phoned one of our neighbours, but what if they were not in? I wonder what Wagga would have done if she got out?

 

It’s a dreadful feeling though.

 

I watched a program the other evening about dogs, I don’t know the country, but it was somewhere hot. Haha, narrows it down a bit? Anyway, the people there let the dogs roam free through the day. They put a camera on the collar of a dog. It was amazing what they get up to when they are free. Almost human. They gathered in the town, and it was like a gang of children all waiting for each other. Once twenty dogs had all met up, they went off to a park to play. Oh it was amazing. Then at the end of the day, it was as if they said bye bye to each other and off they all went to their homes. Some dogs in two’s and some in groups of three/four, but most on their own. Then the camera showed the owners waiting for them at the door and patting the dogs, the film makers then showed one of the tougher dogs a sleep on the sofa of his home. All rock hard through the day and cuddling up at night, how cute?

I hate seeing a stray dog, my heart aches for them, but these dogs looked really happy.

Anyway, mine is safe and I am so grateful. Now, what my back garden is like? And I bet there is no bird food left?

Hmm.

 

Later gators. X

 

No comments: