translate

Friday 2 January 2015

HOLD ONTO YOUR HAT


Hi Bloggets, well, the Christmas tree has left the building… Well, Okay, the living room. Hub and I have worked so hard all day meticulously removing every delicate bauble and precious decoration wrapping them in bubble wrap and boxing them, no, not with gloves on, boxing them as in putting them in boxes. Hehehehehe.

 

All the outdoor decorations are down and away too. We had tinsel from A to B, so had to vacuum and clean the floors.

 

The house looks very bare now and I like it. I have to get everything down as quickly as possible after the New Year.

Here in the city where I live, 2014 has been recorded to have been the warmest year since

1659

 

We have had a difficult day of housework, but a nice day too. Teen has plans that don’t involve someone I can’t stand… So that is good. We have had a lovely week whilst the person I’m talking about is skiing in France. Long may it last?

 

On our News our Prince Andrew is facing allegations of having sex with an underage American some years ago. I think it’s dreadful that people can say such a thing years later as there is no proof really, and mud sticks. It is dreadful if it’s true but to be honest girls look older these days, a girl of fourteen can easily look eighteen.

 

Teen went out on New Year with a load of friends and danced all night today he has been twice on the treadmill. He’s going out tomorrow too. I wish I had his energy.

 

Our dogs are desperate for a bath, but it’s so cold we can’t do it outside and no way they are going in our bath, so what to do?

 

I took them to the dog groomer last year but after then just did them myself with warm buckets and the garden hose but that was in the summer. The groomers was not too good as she sent the dogs back so very wet and we had to get a taxi there and back I would be cross if I were the taxi driver with wet dogs, but I thought the lady would have dried them, so after paying a fortune, I said to Hub that we may as well do it ourselves, it’s the same result.

But come the winter?

They have new beds for Christmas but I’m not putting them in until they are cleaned.

 

Teen had a driving lesson today, he has started again. This time a different teacher. I’m not keen on her for a few reasons, but if he gets a good result out of her fine.

 

The winds are wild here again today.

I have put on some candles. Removed the Christmas decorations like pinecones ferns and dried fruits around them and wrapped artificial ivy around them

 

I have turned on our fire and put the candles each side of the fireplace, lamps are on and it’s very cosy. Some would ask why? I can’t see a thing, but as I keep saying, my mind is very active.

My imagination still works

Let’s hope the wick has lit and the bulbs are working? Hahahahahahah. Joking, they are, blind people can’t see, we are not stupid. How do we know? Really there will be people wondering…

There is flickering warmth from the candle and a crackle and then after a few minutes, you can smell the wax. As for a lamp? You also feel a gentle heat. Quite obvious really.

 

Counting down to see our girls. Not long now before they are here, then we will have Christmas again as we have all of their gifts here. I can’t wait to see them.

 

It’s been difficult writing this as Hub has music blasting violins are coming from our speakers, so sorry about the mistakes.

 

Right on that note, get it? Note? Violin?

You don’t?

Oh!! I shall go and get some old fashioned sweeties I got for Christmas and settle down to watch telly.

 

Until later with love, keep safe and warm. If you are local and going out, hold onto your hat… haha.

No comments: