translate

Saturday 24 January 2015

MY ANGELIC VISITOR BY FIONA CUMMINGS


MY ANGELIC VISITOR

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 

When I think it was all in my imagination

And I’m full of frustration

When I need a hand to hold

You appear

Halo of gold

I see you so clear

So vividly bold

I shiver but I’m not cold

My shoulders relax and I feel so calm

I know you would protect me from any harm

Your featureless face

Smiles with such grace

At first fog covers your eyes

But then I see you cry

Silver tears as you realise

It’s really you, I recognise

Your heart of platinum

You are my Mum

The stars at night

Arms to hold me tight

The sun

The warmth

Who loved me at birth

The salt of the earth

When I think you have forgotten me

I feel a gentle kiss

I hear a song with harmony

My world is filled with bliss

It’s quite extraordinary

 I want to tell you how much I miss

You more and more each day

And how much I wish

You’d never gone away

My hands together

These words I pray

You could be here forever

As the Mum I knew

But I know my thoughts are so true

Your new world now belongs to you

It’s your time to live

For in this land

 You just knew how to give

Now I understand

Why you had to leave me

 And why sometimes you come back to me

We will be together for eternity

Just not in the same way as I knew

Your wings carry you off

And you glide on a cloud of fluff

 Across the earth

To your new place of birth

A world I hope will fill you with happiness

Because you deserve the best

At nights I hope you rest

On pillows of perfection

And during the day you are given

So much affection

You always will be my hero

And I’m sure you will be to others, where ever you go

As you stand before me dear Mum

I want to wrap my arms around you and fly to your home

Together we can roam

But I know for now this is my zone

As I have my family here who need me

But when the time comes

I hope you will come to guide me

And show me your home

I wanted to tell you how much I love you,

In this poem

But this doesn’t express my feelings enough

Words fail me, it’s tough

So I hope when you feel my heart

That will be enough

As my heart is full of love for you

These words are so true

Until we can be together properly again

This poem belongs to you

 

Copyright Fiona Cummings 2015

No comments: