translate

Friday 9 January 2015

REJOICE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


REJOICE

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Hey perfect, would you like my sight?

You may reject, would I be right?

Your sunny days will always be night

An invisible person will hold you tight

You with such wonder

Suffer no blunder

Take my life

There’s never rain without thunder

Trouble or strife

You want to go out

Hey let me hear you shout

It’s not easy, is it?

No one comes to visit?

All alone?

Pick up your phone

Nobody wants to hear your fears

No one there to wipe your tears

Just for a week

Take my blindness

Suddenly it will look bleak

Your smile will turn to sadness

Sanity will become madness

But you know what?

At the end of your trial

When you know you had a lot

You will smile

And be grateful

See the world so beautiful

Become a better person

So much more caring

You will start sharing

Just your time

That’s all it will take

Swap your week for mine

The end you will not be able to wait

Nothing again will be taken for granted

Seeds will be planted

A new look on life

Your hand will be in mine

And I shall teach you to love

We will sit under stars and look above

Tell me what you see

I will let you know what your words mean to me

You will never be alone, or sad

I’ll be there for you always and good times, will be had

For I see more than you

Though you have a clear view

Believe me my words are true

And I want to share them with you

My heart is open forever

My mind is so together

For I am real

Though have been given a rough deal

I can see the world in a way

That you have never been able to

So please learn today

There are other people but you

When you get in your car

Think of those who can’t get far

When you see your child smile

Think for a while

What a gift that is

Clouds in the sky

A beautiful butterfly

Mountains so high

And droplets from rain showers

Pretty flowers

And simple things

Like knowing what food you are eating

Be able to know who you are meeting

Infectious smiles from passers by

Things you do and don’t have to even try

Each step I take

From dawn break

Is a challenge for me?

For my eyes open

Though they still don’t see

What sight would mean to me

I would feel so free

But would never forget

Life in the dark

I wouldn’t regret

For my fire has a spark

As I have been shown a lesson

My heart has been given a blessing

For others I have compassion

And respect

And I will never reject

So come down from your high horse

And volunteer

You don’t have to be forced

Don’t live in fear

As you can open your eyes

Whereas I have no choice

Just be grateful for your gift

Rejoice

 

Copyright Fiona Cummings 2015

First poem for this year it’s nice to just for a moment, step out of your lifestyle and think about those who are not so fortunate.

No comments: