translate

Wednesday 31 December 2014

END OF YEAR THOUGHTS 2014


Just hours to go in the UK before we are into next year. So a reflection on 2014! What kind of year has it been for you?

 

We almost saw Scotland leaving the UK. This would have been very sad. We are small as it is without losing our neighbours. Thankfully voters came out and decided that the majority wanted to stay with us. If they had left, what next? More wars between Scotland and England? In a world where we are seeing wars throughout the globe. The world has gone crazy this year; it’s almost like a hell on earth now. We live in fear and even yesterday’s news of a two year old child in America shooting their Mother in the shopping centre as the child got their parents gun. I mean, what is the world coming to?

 

Children being stolen for slavery and women being raped and treat like they are men’s some kind of sex toys is a disgrace. It’s as though there has been some kind of air released to make everyone appear mad. I just wish that an alien would come down and tell us all we are on limited time if we don’t start to behave?

As I have said in blogs before, what good does crime and evil do you? If you murder someone, what kind of God will forgive you? If you die, what will that do to your family? Will it make them happy?

I believe in karma. What goes around comes around. Don’t do to others what you don’t want done to yourself or those you love.

 

If only everyone would wish for peace, what a beautiful nation we would live in. To wake up every day to silence, then hear the birds singing, and happy laughter passing your window. To be able to go to work or out for a walk or just to sit in your garden and know you are safe. How beautiful would that be?

 

There is enough damage going on in the world with our leaders causing trouble without us joining in too! I really hope 2015 will see the ending of hell on earth and something will happen to shock those who are determined to kill this beautiful land we have been given.

 

2014 for me has been a very difficult year. Started with my Husband quitting his job of 22 years. A huge decision and brave one some would say stupid and irresponsible, but to be honest if he carried on on doing what he was doing, I’m not too sure we would be free of bad health right now. His last job took years from my life for sure. The constant worry about where he was in the world, had he managed to get from the airport to his hotel on his own? A blind person to travel alone is not good as specially the countries he used to visit.

 

Well, within a couple of months, he found out he had received a new job. That ended the worries of how we would pay for the house we lived in and our three children. But the stress in the meanwhile was awful. He was the only one out of over fifty people who applied for his position who couldn’t see, this isn’t a good start in the work place, but thankfully his wonderful boss, who sadly has now moved on to another place in the same organisation believed in my Husband and thanks to my Husbands team, they have made a huge impact on the organisation. Our wage is half what we used to see, but our life is easier, though it has taken the whole year to come down from the horrid stage of stress to realise there is no need for those feelings anymore. Stress I can leave most of it in 2014.

 

I had enormous problems with our Son at the start of the year thanks to an idiot and the family they are linked to, but that prevailed and we have moved on from there. Our Son is doing great in life with his job and college and the girls are doing brilliant at their school and have a bright future. We have kids almost the same age so going through the worries of them all together. Oh I for one can’t wait to see them all grown up settled with loving partners and visit us with their families for loving days of laughter and thanking God the days of teenagers has long gone. I wouldn’t wish these years on my worst enemies.

 

This year has seen the ending of a friendship I have had for over twenty five years, though that person will forever be in my heart and I will always care for them. I have sorted out who is a true friend and who are not and those who aren’t are gone from my life. I can’t be bothered with two faced people and those who regard my words as nonsense whereas others only talk the truth, yeah, right…

 

I have reconciled a friendship that faded for a while but have stood by friends who are there always and who don’t change and have never changed in all the years I have known them. These are my true friends.

 

As for my blindness, I would say that two thousand and fourteen has been a year of new and old pains in my eyes and very oddsymtums that have occurred that even the medics don’t know the cause, this has worried me, but at the same time, there is hope for the future for me having just a little bit of sight again and the future being very soon, rather than in twenty years. More like two years according to the medics.

 

I guess this is why this year has been a year where my blindness has mattered less than ever before and I feel more comfortable with it, because it’s not here forever, who knows, or it could be that I have just accepted it. Though still have very sad days when life does get on top of us.

 

In my personal life this year, I have suffered a lot. So much hasn’t gone into blogs, but my Husband and I are a team and are there for each other so we can get by the obstacles.

 

Our daughters are in our lives more now and this is a gift I will be always grateful for. I know that my Husband has had his heart pulled out not waking up to their voices each day, but again, he and I had to make difficult decisions to be together. Thankfully I was able to keep my Son as he is my right arm and has been since he was born. And I know our girls will now allow themselves to be in our lives as they become older and there is so much love here for them they will never know how much.

 

Okay, perhaps I’m rambling on, I have so much to say and want it to be published this year, hehehe. So I shall get on with it. Basically, one day I may be able to tell you of my personal heart ache, but not now, but believe me it’s been difficult.

 

Though you will know that I was reunited again with my big brother and my family, again, I can say my family. This still sounds foreign to me. But when I met them, it was so comfortable and wonderful. This has been the best gift of the year and to know that they are all back in my life is wonderful. To say goodbye to the past and hello to the future is brilliant.

 

I hope for 2015 to be a great year for you all. A new start.

 

Thank you for all your views this year. Really it makes me feel worth something to know people come here and return. I can’t tell you how grateful I am to you all. Words fail me as I don’t think the English language have such vocabulary to express ones feelings of gratitude, but on days when I have felt worthless, you have all been there with your statistics and kind words comments and emails also other forms of contact to me. I am so delighted that the blogs are helping you or entertaining you in some way and it’s blind partially sighted and sighted people who are looking, this is also what makes it worth it. Some days I can spend up to eight hours writing, so it’s a full time job, but a job I love and I hope just one person has been helped this year with something they have read here. Even if it is something like reading about my struggles I have getting to the shops, if I can do it, I hope you will try and if not yet, perhaps 2015 is your year. If you don’t change your life, no one else will. It has to be your decision. I’m not here to force you; I’m here to hold your hand no matter what decision you make.

OK, next year I will write again tell you about my New Year and what I hope for in 2015.

 

Until then, this is what is going to happen or thought to happen in 2015

United Nations proclaims 2015 to be the international year of light.

Well, for those who can’t see light, I hope we will hear of a huge breakthrough for giving sight to the blind.

 

They say that in 2015 the Lord may return to earth. Something to do with four Blood moons. On certain dates, the moon will appear to be red. This has only occurred three times in history on Jewish holy days.

Consider this: In the Bible’s Book of Joel, Chapter 3:3-4 you can read, “And I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke. The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the Lord come.”

Well, I think we have gone through the darkness this year, time for the light please?

What will happen to the great Dalai Lama? When he dies, I fear for his religion, for it will become an occupation rather than a gift to the people. He is reported to be very ill!

 

Happy New Year Bloggets.

No comments: