translate

Friday 19 December 2014

THE DIARY OF CHRISTMAS QUOTES


Hello Bloggets, it’s wild out there, and how to start a day? Going to the blooming dentist. Oh the young dentist I saw was young enough to be my Son. This is worrying. How old do I feel?

 

Oh I have to go another twice after Christmas to see him too.  Wagga was brilliant getting there and back, though my dreaded day of winds forbids me from hearing properly so really relied on her. At one point it was as though I was a huu’uuge truck and she was steering me. I just couldn’t hear anything.

 

I must say when the young lad got an older guy in to give a second opinion on me, and the older dentist told him what to do, and the lad sounded in some kind of shock, it left me feeling rather queasy of my prospects of future treatment. I think I’m the first person he has done this particular treatment on. It’s a new way to do a filling.

 

Going to cost £219 too. I was laying back, thinking of England with his fingers almost down my throat, hehehe, Okay, slight exaggeration, thinking, oh, what I could do with that money?

 

Good job I’m NHS or the same treatment would be close to £600

 

I’m very proud of my Son today. He has done amazing at college. All the rest of them were playing games and he asked to work and for the tutor to show him what he could get on with in the holidays. Wow, a couple of proud parents here. Our hard work over the past years has paid off and he now is in control and I’m buzzing with pride, not because I want him to do college or whatever, just the fact he knows what he wants and he is determined.

 

But to get this far? Oh heck. It’s been stressful.

 

I’m seeing my family soon. We are going by train, staying in a country lodge with a log fire and a Christmas tree. Spending a few hours and then going to a nearby hotel for a Christmas meal.

 

My Brother in law wasn’t happy that we couldn’t visit him this weekend, but there is so much to do, tomorrow, we are off to town that is going to be hell on earth.

 

So will I get back in one piece?  Tomorrow will tell. OK, I will go for now, teen coming home for lunch then off to the gym and back tonight. Last night we had a lovely chat the three of us, no television, I felt as though it was like the olden days, hehehe, my friend was telling me yesterday about the Queens speech we have every year on Christmas day. It used to be a constitution where by the whole family would sit around the box and watch her give her speech. He told me in the olden days when there was a king; it would be live where as now it’s recorded in October. It used to be live and a normal person member of the public would announce the King and it would be recorded from a tiny room my friend said a cupboard, though I’m sure they wouldn’t put a King in a cupboard? Haha.

 

Some quotes before I go but sending my love to you all, keep warm and safe and if you are in a country where already it’s warm/hot,  slap on the sun lotion.

 

Moving between the legs of tables and of chairs, rising or falling,  grasping at kisses and toys, advancing boldly, sudden to take alarm, retreating to the corner of arm and knee, eager to be reassured, taking pleasure in the fragrant brilliance of the Christmas tree.

T S Eliot

 

Santa clause has the right idea, visit people only once a year.

Victor Borge

 

If you haven’t got any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble.

Bob Hope

 

“I stopped believing in Santa claws when I was six. Mother took me to see him in a department store and he asked for my autograph.

Shirley Temple

No comments: