translate

Wednesday 3 December 2014

THE VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 
THE VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 

There is a bridge on the way to you

Right in the middle of it is an amazing view

In the distance I see the heath

Colours of purple heather

The ripples of the water beneath

So tranquil no matter what the weather

I have to stop to look

Though I’m excited for us to be together

To hear the babbling brook

Gifts me with thoughts of Déjà vu


Oh what a beautiful view

On my way to you

The silver sky, with routes of blue

Is this real? Is it true?

Tiny yellow birds with a black stripe

Gathering berry’s with all their might

Long slim red fish

Happily swimming with a drake

I stop to make a wish

Am I dreaming?

No, I’m awake

Beauty surrounds me

Filling my heart with glee

Branches bowing as though to give respect

Causing a shadowy affect

There’s something about here how I connect

A feeling of belonging

Oh, the time, this perfection I’m prolonging

On my way to you now my love

I will be soon in your arms

And thank the Gods above

For showing me such a life

It’s your charms

Which protect me from strife

It’s your kiss

When apart, I do miss

But dearest, on my way to you

I experience, such a view

 

Coppy Right Fiona Cummings 2014

No comments: