translate

Monday 8 December 2014

DIARY GOODNIGHT


Good evening Bloggets. Well the house is toasty, my tree lights are on, must remember to turn them off before bed, it’s easy to forget when you can’t see and I don’t want a house fire. Oh to see Christmas lights would be amazing. My Son is in bed. He is shattered. I think he is down for some kind of bug. He can’t get warm and the house is boiling. He is shivering, but he has walked a lot today to work and back then to the gym. He has his hair so short; I told him it’s time to wear a hat now. My poor Waggatail is still ill. I don’t know what on earth has happened, but she is not looking good. I kind of wished I took her, though having said that, no way she or Long Chops could have travelled on the train, as it was totally packed there wasn’t even room for our feet, let alone dogs paws, but we are so careful what our dogs eat and know them so well, so try to not leave anything around for them to scavenge. Well, apart from blooming coffee beans that Wags seems to be rather partial to. Remember Hubs birthday present and then again when my mad aunt brought Hub some a few months ago? Oh Wags was on the Ceiling for two days.

 

Talking of my aunt, she is coming in eight days…

Should I warn our Louis at the restaurant? Hehehe or perhaps the poor unsuspected actor in our town who dresses as a knight? Remember in the summer when she started to flirt with him? Oh gross, she is old enough to be the poor lads Granny, haha haha. She is a character for sure and I am sure we will have a blog from that day. We are going to the town to see what trouble we can get into. She is coming to exchange Christmas presents.

No, not in our shops, but to give and receive gifts.

 

Christmas gifts this year has been a nightmare. I really have struggled. I almost feel ashamed as what I have bought some people is rather boring. Very practical. Last year my friend Ol and I went to a designer outlet and got some wonderful things. This year I got a few things for teen when Julie came, but most, oh, hang on, no, everything else was bought on line shopping and as I said tonight to my Sister in law, I’m afraid there have been some Oopsie moments.

 

Oh I will tell you what I did discover though, for all of my V.I.P friends, you can buy wrapping paper that has colour/patterns on both sides, so no embarrassing moments of giving a parcel with the white on the outside? Hehehehehe.

I’ve only done that once and my friend made sure I knew about it…

 

Teen working again tomorrow, he is turning into his Father, a hard worker.

 

I guess he is saving up to get married?

Or for a car? Or University? Or whatever?

 

Are you in the Christmas spirit yet if you celebrate it? I’m not yet, but in a couple of weeks I’m off to see family and we are staying in a large farm house, with a log fire and there will be a Christmas tree there.

 

My past will all be under one roof. I just wish I was seeing my great Nieces and Nephews. I have four, but I will be seeing my two Nieces, husband/partners and my Brother and Sister in law.

 

We will spend some hours in the house, then dress up for a meal and a dance in the hotel not far from the farm.

 

The best bit for us will be the time before the main event, as Hub and I struggle when we are in an environment where by there is noise.  As sighted people, you lip read, body gestures and you see in the persons eyes and if they smile or not, you can tell what is being said. When that is taken away from you, and you can’t hear, you sit there as though you are miserable, but you aren’t and Hub and I know we won’t be, I just hope others will know that we are just deaf and blind. Until the noise stops, we are lucky, we will hear again.

 

I was talking to someone at the weekend that is partially sighted. She knows she will go blind and she also knows she is losing her hearing. She is so positive though, gosh, how?

 

I just can’t imagine that, but you know, when I was partially sighted, I couldn’t imagine being blind, now I am, my imagination is working very well.

 

OK, it’s almost 11.30pm. My Husband is still out in Liverpool. Larging it up… I mean, what else could he be doing? I am waiting for his call to say he is back in the hotel.

 

He is out with colleagues. Again, when you can’t see, you can’t get up and leave and go back to your hotel when you don’t know your way, so you wait for those with sight to walk back with you, or drive you back. There are so many limitations when you can’t see, but there is also so much we can do too. I know I am a good Mum. I doubted it as my boy has gone through two years of hell, but I now understand him and he me. He is the best Son, I’m very proud of him. I have a long way to go with him, but he makes us proud every day.

He makes us mad most days too mind you, but at the end of the day, I adore him. Hub and I were talking of late about how good he will do in life, if he keeps his confidence.

 

I just hope for his happiness to return soon.

 

I haven’t seen my friend Di for a while, must catch up with her

It’s crazy I have been so busy and you should not be too busy for friends and family.

 

OK, will go for now, tomorrow, dreading it. In the dark, makes no difference to me, but Wagga hates the dark; I have to go out on my own.

 

No one will be at home and Hub still miles away at work.

 

I just hope it’s not snowing or icy. Bad thing is I won’t know if it’s icy until it’s too late, unless the ice gets to the house, but normally, the ice is way from the house and on the paths.

 

I will let you know how I get on.

Goodnight from me and happy dreams for you all. X

No comments: