translate

Monday 15 December 2014

THE DIARY OF CHRISTMAS QUOTES


Good day Bloggets. Not long back from the shops. Wagga decided to take me somewhere else. This time though, I was ready for her, I knew I had passed where I needed to be, but thought I would trust her and it was just me being impatient. No, it wasn’t me, but her, who was bored going to the same places so took me on a mystery tour.

 

I didn’t panic but did slightly fear that dreaded road again. The speed of those cars and the noise is terrifying.

 

Well, long story short, we found our way and did the shopping we needed to do. Got back Okay too.

 

Now two dogs driving me crazy with playing with their toys the noise on the wooden floors with eight paws is blooming annoying, with the occasional growling and very odd bark. Tails banging off our Christmas tree and baubles clashing isn’t good.

 

Teen out then he’s off to work. He is at the gym right now. Hub at work, it was time today for him to take in his secret Santa gift for work. Secret? That’s funny, as everyone is to bring the gifts in, discreetly pop them in the large bag they have for opening day on Wednesday, well, if you could see the gift he has bought? Oh my word. I will tell you after Wednesday, but it’s hilarious and as for being discrete?? Em, no. Impossible.

 

Our weekend was nice; Hubs Dad and brother came to visit. We exchanged Christmas gifts and had some happy hours together, but the time flew. It’s been a year since they were last here and nine months since we saw them at our other brother’s wedding. But they lead busy lives so on their journeys they went. It was funny though as I asked my brother in law to bring me a stake for my indoor plant, the only one I have left that looks any good. Oh gosh, you should see the stake he has brought? It’s seven foot tall; my plant isn’t even three foot? It looks ridiculous. I told my Brother in law, I would pole dance around it, and he looked at me and said in a very dry voice

“It’s only plastic love. Haha haha

Cheeky.

But true.

 

I really don’t know what to make for tea tonight. I’m so fed up of cooking. Thinking about what to cook is the hardest thing. I have a Son who eats like a horse, no I don’t mean he has no table manners, but there’s no stopping him with his appetite.

 

He is complaining he’s not getting enough to eat. Oh crazy boy, he wants to take to college four small tubs of food so he can eat throughout the day. Madness. I told him he was weaned off his baby food seventeen years ago. He’s not a baby who needs the bottle every three/four hours.

 

His friends who are into the body building are all eating like that. It’s stupid. You can’t eat four times in a six hour day at college. What will he do in the work place? Ask his boss to have time off to go for food?

He wants to be massive.

I, don’t!

So can I give him some of my bulk?

 

Tomorrow my Aunt is coming for the day. When I say day, I mean from early morning till late at night.

 

She wants to do our town and go for a meal at our local restaurant.

 

Hub is working. So it’s me and her.

 

I ordered Hub some shirts and they came, they are nice and good quality, but so long? Really, who did they model them on, a giraffe?

 

He has put Tap tap see on my IPod. Now how to use it? He had it on his phone, but you have to pay for it now, he said he would get it for me as I am the one with the washing and it would be helpful to ask my IPod what colour things were/are? Also it may be able to help me with food labels? I must see how to use it and begin. Life may be easier.

 

I got on our bathroom scales today. There was an enormous clink sound. Oh gosh, what was it? I don’t know but when I tried to investigate, one of the feet has gone inside of the scales. Also it’s telling me I weigh a stone lighter than I did a week ago. No, I haven’t lost all that weight, the broken foot must have something to do with it, now, how to break the other three? Haha haha.

 

I must say the talking scales are rubbish.

And they lie.

 

I have to write out Christmas cards today, just realised we haven’t got a card for my Auntie. Oh she won’t be happy. Well, its all so blooming difficult. Really sometimes at this time of year, I could cry. It all gets too much for us. I stress like mad, it’ss so difficult to buy gifts and there are so many to buy for.

 

Yesterday I had to put on a tag for the gift Hub took to work. Which way? Was I writing over the official writing? Today I had to find a birthday card and Christmas card, thankfully I keep them separate. By the time I found them, then had to remember what card was what? Then find the address on my computer, then the stamps, really, to a sighted person, they would go there there and there, me? Where where and where?

As for the stamps? Well, our  Maj

 May find her head is upside down on the envelope, better than some years ago, when she may find herself without a head, right?

 

Having said that, the stamps I have may not have our queen on, they do picture ones don’t they?

 

Oh Ive probably sent a stamp of some summer scene.

 

Well, they just go in the bin, don’t they?

 

OK, I will go for now, enough moaning, but before I go, here are some famous Christmas quotes.

Moving between the legs of tables and of chairs, rising or falling,  grasping at kisses and toys, advancing boldly, sudden to take alarm, retreating to the corner of arm and knee, eager to be reassured, taking pleasure in the fragrant brilliance of the Christmas tree.

T S Eliot

 

Santa clause has the right idea, visit people only once a year.

Victor Borge

 

If you haven’t got any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble.

Bob Hope

 

“I stopped believing in Santa claws when I was six. Mother took me to see him in a department store and he asked for my autograph.

Shirley Temple

 

I love this one

I wrapped my Christmas presents  this year with the wrong paper. It said happy birthday on it, I didn’t want to waste it, and so I just wrote Jesus on it.

Demetri Martin

No comments: