translate

Tuesday 9 December 2014

DREAMS CAN COME TRUE


Good evening Bloggets, I have had a great day of internet shopping but this time no stress. I bought Christmas lights and indoor decorations. I got two pine cone and fern decorations with a candle in the centre, so like a table piece. In gold and the candle flickers because its battery, but the decoration can be timed to come on whenever. I also got a fibre optic fireplace where the flames light up even the candle on the mantelpiece lights up and at the side of the fireplace, a  rocking chair with a sleeping Santa. It also plays music. I got a star for outside to go with my angel and light up bells.

 

My house was so warm and cosy with my tree lights on and I am burning cinnamon, so it feels lovely in here, but then I had to go out. It was dark, teen at work, Hub working away in Liverpool and Wagga and I were on our own. She doesn’t like the dark and hates being out in bad weather, so I wasn’t looking forward to it but had to do it.

 

I put on a thick jumper and my coat, and on our way we went.

 

The traffic was really noisy as ever and the bitter cold chased us as we walked into the night!

 

Wagga worked well for a change, I knew without her I wouldn’t be able to do this route.

 

The fragrance of the wood burners as I passed by, really did make it cosier to think about a warm house. But we had a couple of hours work to do before that privilege would be ours.

 

I had my meeting and popped into the shops on our way home. I spoke to a great guy called Alex and a couple of other people I know. It was pitch black. I would never have gone out when I could see a little, in such conditions. But now I’m blind, I have no choice, when you can see though  poorly, blindness is not an option, so you just live to see, when you don’t have the luxury of sight, you put up with what you have, no choice, but tonight I say 

“Darkness, Shparknish!

 

I felt free. Really, it’s crazy, but I felt so goo’oo’ood

Something I could do so well better now I’m blind, than what I could when I was partially sighted.

 

I can’t explain how excited I felt. Words won’t come to me!

 

On our way home, yes there were scary moments as in we were very close to the roads and Wagga loves to play dare devils and dodge the traffic, but tonight, she was great.

 

The blizzards blew bags of wild winds and sleet fell down on us. Wagga weaved in and out of obstacles. She was brilliant. I was so high with happiness. I felt so amazing. I got home and as I walked towards our drive, the sounds of the wind chimes rang to let me know it was our home.

 

We put the key in the door; I removed Waggatails harness and praised her with her dinner, put the shopping away, hung up my coat, popped the kettle on and indulged in a five minute junk food session, to celebrate. The smell of coffee the heat from our home and the Christmas fragrances were perfect and to make it even better, Hub caught an earlier train home and surprised me. I joked with him telling him, one day he will catch me with my fancy man, hahahah. Then Teen came home from work, and we had a lovely family night. I’m grateful to the Christmas fairy that is filling my life with so many good things right now and perfect prospects for a prosperous future. Not financially, but so much more than that. Something which excites me beyond belief.

 

My journey is your journey too Bloggets. Most of you have been here from the start and some of you are new to our blog, but one thing for sure, we are all together and I hope to help you to discover your dreams, nothing in my life is unbreakable, I’m real, I have good and bad days in fact good and bad months, but today was great and I did something to some people would be so simple, but to me was a challenge I actually loved. I mean remember last week when I had to go out and I was terrified? Today/tonight, I did it and I wasn’t’s at all afraid, just cautious.

 

Dreams can come true!

 

No comments: