translate

Tuesday 2 December 2014

WINTER IS HERE


Hi Bloggets, today is the first day I would say it feels like real winter. Last night it snowed for a while, but was not too cold, today? Uu’uu’uw’uw’UW

I lit a cinnamon candle, the heating is on and our tree lights are beautiful in my heart. I always remember the first Christmas I had lost my sight. First Christmas when I experienced blindness. The first Christmas without both of my parents. My baby was two and life at that time was really tough. I totally struggled putting my tree up. I really didn’t want to, but for my Son I did. Yes he was tiny and may not have cared about a tree, but I am a firm believer in what you plant will bloom.

 

I wanted him to have the best Christmases. It was so hard for me and life was painful. And now? So different.

Life is still difficult and we are faced with challenges every day. Now we are not sure if the lights are on or not when we first light them, if the bulbs have gone, but we laugh about it. Yes I would like to see my tree, but I can’t and all I have are memories of what a tree looks like. My Husband doesn’t even have that.

 

I remember the first Christmas Hub and I were together. Oh it was so different to what I was used to.

 

Apart from being full of love and kind gifts, it was a sense of togetherness. We bought gifts together, we thought about them together. We planned everything together. We put our tree up with music and mulled wine as our new little family of three.

 

The lights may not have been seen, but my heart was lit up for sure. My new life was off to a good start. We cooked Christmas dinner together and just were as one.

 

It was lovely for teen to have a father figure around and to participate in his presents. My Ex worked so much and still does even six years after we have broken up. That’s fine for him. He is a good worker, but I wanted family time for my Son and that we have now.

 

One good thing is, my ex is trying with teen and the two of them are now making a good go of it, though once again, it all stressed me out getting them there.

 

My boy has just come in. He has been out this afternoon. He has done all his Christmas shopping. Bless him he is so organised for gifts always has been.

 

I think there are a couple of people he won’t be buying for this year, but still leaves a lot for him to buy for.

 

I guess next year at this time, he will have done a term in University? That’s if he decides to go. I’m really not fussed either way.

 

Hub was standing outside for ages at work today. The taxi was really late. Not good when he, my Husband, has been up since six this morning. He had to catch a train at half seven.

 

Last night he was really late. Almost midnight. He was at a meeting with a Lord and Lady. He had to make a speech but just thought it was in front of local people/fund raisers. When he got there, it was the full town hall. But I know he would be great.

 

He then had a full Christmas dinner with them. Very nice. It only cost him £15 for three courses, because there were so many of them, the hotel did a reduction.

 

One of his colleagues brought him back in her car, so that was kind.

 

Hub has secret Santa at work. What a nightmare that is proving to be? He sent for a gift. It was to arrive last Friday. So far nothing. So he has now sent for another one. Gosh, that was even more expensive, almost double what he should have paid, but he is panicking as soon they will be swapping gifts at work.

 

I wonder what he, will get. Haha haha.

 

Not long now before we visit our friends back home. There are going to be loads of us, so should be fun. Then we will visit our other friends the day after to exchange gifts. Sadly teen working so can’t come. I haven’t seen some of my friends in over two years. We are leaving the dogs with the lady who looked after them when we went on holiday. I hate with a capital H leaving them. I really do.

 

Tea tonight we are having, or should I say the boys are having mince and dumplings, mash carrots and sprouts. I know sprouts and mince are a funny combination, but the boys love them and they are good for them. For me? Not sure yet, I guess the same but with something vegetarian to replace the mince.

 

OK, will go for now but stay smiling and look out for the Chocolate elves who have been on the phone asking me to go to the chocolate factory again… x

No comments: