translate

Friday 12 December 2014

FI'S FAMILY FRIDAY DIARY


OK, when will my dog learn that running back and forward with her toy dropping it on my key bored whilst I’m trying to type is not going to make friends with me?

I guess as long as it took her to learn that I can’t say no for too long!

 

I found out that we are having visitors this weekend for sure. Father and Brother in law. B I L wants me to cook lunch. Em, I say let’s go to the Chinese? Hehehe. Having said that, the chicken soup is rather a large pan and I doubt Teen will be home much to eat it?

Though I can’t imagine giving my brother in law and Dad in law soup for a meal, can you? It’s not very interesting, though homely and good for them.

I will see what Hub says when he comes from work.

 

I haven’t written one Christmas card this year, is that bad? I feel really guilty. It’s not that I don’t have any, I do.

 

Just put the Kuku clock on the right time. Oh every time I do, I remember our friends in Mexico who had the most amazing clock ever. I have written about it before, the clock that belonged to a great aunt. There really is something about clocks. As long as the tick doesn’t get on your nerves.

 

Hub has been out and about today collecting for charity. For Guide dogs. I really hope LC behaves herself as yesterday she was naughty. She was OK when the TV people were there it was when she got back to the office.

 

Only a week to go before Hub and I are off to visit my brother and family. I haven’t seen the family for four and a half years. Gosh, my little niece isn’t a baby anymore, you know how no matter how old they are, they are still baby’s to you? Well, then they become a Mummy and you have to say, they are grown up.

 

My oldest Niece is more sister age to me. There isn’t much of an age gap in fact when she was very young and I was first married to the ex, she and I used to spend hours/days together.

 

I received a lovely text from my Sister in law last week, it was the kind of words that made me feel very warm inside.

 

The trains will be packed as they were last week when we went to stay with our friends.

 

I will never forget that journey. It was dreadful. Our dogs again going to the sitter, no way I can take them in the Christmas crowds.

 

I just hope Wagga won’t be ill when we get back as it’s took her till today to be back to normal since her last time on her holiday. See she eats anything that is not stuck down and I wonder if she got something she shouldn’t have?

My aunt is coming next week too, so our town, watch out?

 

Then time to relax for Christmas. Chill time. I love it. My little family and food. Reflecting on the year we are about to leave and the one a head. Another year older but much wiser. I am so glad some things have happened this year, but very sad to have lost people who I have known for 25 years. It’s been a funny year, with lots of hope for my eye condition, an yet reality tells me that it still may not happen, a cure for sure I doubt I will see in my life time but if my Sons children are cursed with this condition, then hopefully they will have treatment to give them sight?

 

What happened to me last week when I went out at night has really changed how I feel. A revelation has taken place.

 

Though I do get very bored of the same view every day of my life.

 

To see colour again and features will be amazing. I have been blind for too long now, learned whatever lessons I was meant to and will never take for granted my sight if I am given back even a small amount. But I have something great this Christmas that is to know straight after it, my Husband won’t be jetting off to Africa, China or Australia or wherever else he was to be going to.

This time last year, I had enough with his job. Though in my heart I knew for my Husbands brain, it was a great job, though for his health, not so good. To be in such diverse climates isn’t good. One day short sleeves red hot, the next thick coat and bitter cold.

 

To fly when he should have been sleeping and to work when at home we are a sleep. Just not right for the body clock.

 

He did some very important jobs though and was brilliant at it.

 

Now he is working at a much lower position, but, getting his hands dirty in a metaphorical sense, is good for his conscience.

 

Teen ice scating till late tonight, sadly not with his friends, but someone else. He doesn’t spend enough time with his friends

 

OK, off to put the sweets in the dish for the festive season, how many will make the dish? And, how  many will still be there on Christmas day?

My guess for the latter? A big fat Mama zero!

Can’t wait for tomorrow, more later. Love and hugs to you all and again thank you for the recent messages you have been sending me, I really do appreciate them and those who need feedback or questions answered, I’m getting round your way next. X

 

No comments: