translate

Wednesday 24 December 2014

PAVEMENT OF PROMISES


A very quick blog to wish you all a very happy Christmas. Today has been a busy one but really lovely. Hub and I have spent the day cooking. The house smells lovely. Really festive. I made stuffing and Hub made the meat stuffing for him and our boy. We have small sausages wrapped in bacon they call them pigs in blankets…. Thank Goodness I’m a vegetarian. Turkey all cooked, that took hours to cook. I pealed all of the vegetables and that includes turnips, carrots sprouts, yack, and parsnips. I also made homemade Yorkshire pudding mix all ready to put in the oven tomorrow. We will have mash potato and roast potatoes too and gravy with a touch of sherry in for added flavour also homemade mushy peas. It’s a northern thing I’m sure as finding them in the shops here was almost impossible, my Aunt brought them with her when she came. I can’t have Christmas dinner without them

 

There will be the things like cranberry sauce too and of course we have brandy sauce for dessert for the Christmas pudding. Table all set as we have just finished tea. First time we had time today to eat. I made a small party tea. We have all the candles lit and crackers all ready for tomorrow with party hat and joke inside. Crackers we pull; they make a bang, for all our Bloggets who don’t know what they are. All our lights are on in the house, and in the garden. The tree is waiting for Santa to deliver his gifts and our dogs are rather excited to see what they are going to get. Teen been out all day and yesterday, he has had a nice time I’m sure with his gf.

 

So now all home and about to watch the Christmas shows we have recorded. I love this time of year and this year even more. I am filled with happiness and excitement. I feel so tearful in a good way for the past few days what has gone on in my life, I also realise how much we miss the girls and Hub and I were just saying how one day we hope to have all three kids at Christmas with us. I really miss the two girls and at this time of year more so. I don’t think we are seeing them for a couple of weeks. I kind of hope earlier?

 

Who would have guessed that this year I would be back with my family? It’s been a dreadful year for me, and to lose my darling Hannah, otherwise known as BB Black beauty, my first guide dog. The loss of her was so painful, but we still have our other two and they are a handful.

 

For those who really are feeling sad and alone now, please believe me, for so many years I was like you. Your lives can change without you even knowing it’s going to happen. You never know what is around the corner. Also, my dear Bloggets, for those who don’t have love in their lives, who feel worthless, who don’t have delicious food on their table or a warm fire to keep them from the frost, I pray that your lives will change for the better. For those who are ill now, remember if it’s possible, to help yourselves as much as you can. Know that out there is a life waiting for you. For those who are really grieving, I feel for you, I really do. But so many bad things in life can suddenly turn around and some good can come out of it.

 

I need you all in my life. I need to feel your hands in mine and together we can walk the pavements of promises!

No comments: