translate

Monday 8 December 2014

FAST TRACK FRIENDSHIP PART TWO


Fast track friendship part 2

Well, our driver was very nice, but spoke very little English. At first I thought, oh heck… But he got us there, just. He did stop at a house and ask us both, blind as we are.

“Eez eet dat won?”

“Em, could be pal?”

But it wasn’t.

At last we got there.

My legs were killing, I was hot and bothered and dying for a cup of tea, oh yes I’m a real party animal. Hehehe.

Well, the very kind driver carried our case to the door. So out of the car to our friends really not, accessible house considering he is also blind, I love it, I can’t stand blindie houses. Sorry, but I just like to be as normal as possible, again, normal? Well, OK, not quite.

 

So out of the car, up a step, down a step, and then down three steps. Skimming past the bin and standing at the door. Ringing the bell, I heard a little dog barking, oh heckers, we are at the wrong house, just as the driver pulled away.

 

No way that was my friend’s new guide dog? It was so small sounding.

 

It was, our friend opened the door and in we went, oh my word, I thought we had arrived at a steam room. The house was so hot.

Well we took our case upstairs. Our other friends hadn’t arrived, good job, nothing was ready apart from the lovely bed our friend made up for us. Oh bless him, he was so proud to show us his new bedding and lovely and cosy it looked. I had to comment on his pillows, they were stunning as we have searched the globe to find good pillows, and can’t get any. These were really lovely.

 

OK, so met his new dog, she was small and is very cute.

 

I was asked to help out in the kitchen; I thought to put food on plates? Or to carry through to his living room? No, it wasn’t in the oven, so I kind of panicked as friends were due now and no food was ready!

 

Home from home, in the kitchen. Hehehe. Hub sat on his butt and entertained the guests as they arrived. First to come my little friend Trix and her lovely Hubby and my darling Niece as I call her Hanz.

 

Oh I love that girl. She wore a hat and a really gorgeous jacket on with a fur trim. By the way, she is 21, not a little girl, also is a fantastic bar worker and did an amazing job at making a punch. Of course the punch had to be made in an antique dish. Our friend, the host loves anything old.

 

His house is full of antique clocks and musical boxes. My friend and I laugh, as his old Grandfather clocks all go off at different times normally, but this day he only had one going. He said not to wake us up when we went to bed bless him.

 

Well, he and I were doing great with the food. As more guests arrived, Maggie came and she helped to read some foods out as she can see perfectly, mind you, we were doing great before she came, but she was as ever a great help at taking plates to friends as I filled them and just being her brilliant helpful self.

 

Then came friends Tracey and Jo. Oh Jo and I get on so well and I kind of wished for more quality time with her. She is a bit like me, kind of naughty, not boring and such fun.

 

Tracey sat next to Hub and after cooking for about two hours, I thought I was going to melt, so got myself out of the kitchen; our host had left Maggie and me so he could have a blooming smoke. Really, gross?

 

Maggie and I were like children, eating all the chocolate in the kitchen, we did leave a little for our friends, well, very little, it was our perks.

 

Music played, we all laughed and some very nice people came. One girl who I used to run with turned up. Oh Gosh, look at how unfit I am now? She still goes to the gym three times a week. And she is four years older than me.

 

I haven’t been running since my blooming legs were still growing longer…

 

As she nibbled on a carrot, I enjoyed the chocolate. Haha, joking.

 

I sat next to Trix and Hanz. Love those two and time went too quickly.

 

There were a few people there we didn’t know. Friends of our friend and host.

 

A couple of them were rather odd, but the rest were really lovely!

It was such a comfortable day and went too quickly.

 

Everyone went home, and the big clean up began.

 

As did the smoking from our friend. Oh my eyes were raw and I could smell the smoke on my skin and hair. But it was his house so I have no right to tell him to not smoke. I used to try that when he came here. That didn’t really work either.

 

He gave a lovely day and he was a great host overnight. Almost morning. We didn’t go to bed till half two. Next morning, our friend was sad we were leaving, I felt so sorry for him. He said he had asked above to answer his request for snow so we could stay longer. Bless him. My heart opened to him.

 

 off in the taxi again to visit our other friends Vivi John and Yvonne.

 

Oh the driver was funny. He told us just as he was swerving to avoid a lorry, he enjoyed a good night of drinking last night.

 Heck?

 

We arrived at our friends Vivi and Johns. It was fantastic to see them. They are our family as far as I am concerned. I love them.

 

Hub really looks forward to seeing them.

They are as close as we can get to our parents. They live about two hours away time we take the transport, but those two hours to us are like an all day journey to sighted people, by the time I get anyway I get so stressed, I’m exhausted. But it’s so worth it. They are great kind people we love very much. John is the person I told you had a heart operation. Thankfully, he is OK, doing so well. Gosh we were all worried about him though. I trust him with my life. He is so brilliant, though if he asks you what I think of him, make sure you tell him I think he is a pain in the butt. Hahaha. Teasing, as for Vivi, well she is just wonderful. Teen was gutted that he didn’t get to see them. Hense we came back to a very grumpy lad. We also saw Yvonne another friend who bless her, cooks lovely food for our arrival. She is a super woman. Never stops and always doing something for others.

 

John drove us back to Newcastle, so forty minutes away as the traffic was dreadful. We caught the train and sadness was in my heart as I left people who mean the world to us. But we will see them all again soon I hope?

 

It was a lovely weekend. Today Hub is working away for two days. In Liverpool. OK, I am now nursing a very sick pooch. Wagga came back from the dog sitter ill. Not good at all. She must have eaten something, though Teen says she is limping.

 

So this morning, at seven we had a lovely, or not so lovely, welcome as we woke up. Thank God for wooden floors. Thing is, teen text me but I didn’t get it till this morning. He sent it just before two in the morning. I fell a sleep at about half one. He told me by text to sort Waggs out as she was crying? Well, because I didn’t hear the text, he didn’t get up to let her out, hense the mess this morning, whilst the sky was still black.

 

 Let’s hope she will be OK, you are meant to starve dogs when they are ill like this, I can’t but will give her less food.

 

Sorry to end on such a note? Hope you are not reading this in your lunch break? Haha. You know me, say it like it is.

 

It’s almost five in the afternoon and just realised, I haven’t had anything to eat today. Teen at the gym. He had pasta and tuna before leaving. He has worked all day again. Let’s hope he works off his anger… We left for the north east a very happy lad, came back to quite the opposite. X

 

 

No comments: