translate

Tuesday 30 December 2014

OPEN A LITTLE WIDER TRUE FRIENDS


Today I went through trauma. Really.

I was to go to the dentist, remember the one who is young enough to be my Son? Who last time I was there a week ago, was terrified at the prospect of giving me the treatment that the older dentist said was necessary. Well, really it’s nothing too bad, but you would think I was about to have an operation to have my left leg removed, after heart surgery!!!

 

I could almost hear the young lad’s heart pounding with anticipation of this treatment. So today was the day, I was anxious as I knew he, was too! This doesn’t fill me with confidence. On our way there it was like an ice rink. Oh I was scared stiff. I am not a fan of falling down. It’s a long way to fall. As I grabbed onto Hubs arm, he told me we look like right ones, he’s been living with me and teen too long, he’s bothered about his appearance, he never has been before hahahaha.

 

I told him through gritted teeth that I looked better holding his arm though I also had hold of Waggatails harness, oh Wagga was attached to the end of it too, and I haven’t gone so mad I take the harness for a walk without a guide dog? Hehehehehe.

Than I would if I was sprawled across the pavement.

 

Well, we got there, I let go of Hubs arm as Wagga did her stuff. She is great at finding the dentist, much better than Long Chops. Love it too when she goes up the stairs, as every time the stairs come to an ending and the new stairs start, she stops and waits for commands to go forward. Some things she really does behave like a guide dog, just don’t see those actions oftern…

 

We got to the reception and a voice asked can I help you. Well, last time I heard that, I answered yes, to find out that she wasn’t talking to me, so this time I ignored her. Hehehehe. Well, she was talking to me. Long story short, she freaked out when she saw I couldn’t see. She told me to sit down. What, on the floor in front of the reception?

 No, I behaved myself and let Wagga find the seats

Luckily there was no one in them.

Okay, didn’t have to wait long, Hub was on call from work and he received a few calls that were rather amusing as he talked about “Him being overweight and to up his intake to 160 twice per day!”

Making it sound like he was a doctor advising on a prescription, rather than an overweight dog scrounging for Christmas food…

I could tell the people waiting for their punishment, sorry, no for their dentist appointment, were thinking, hang on a second, he’s blind, how can he be a Doctor? And when Hub said to call him back if there was no change and to let him know how he was feeling later on? Hehehehehe.

 

Oh then it was my turn. Oh my word. It was the worst thing. The little boy playing at being a Dentist tortured me for fifty minutes and I still six hours later haven’t got over the shock.

 

I have come away with the wrong treatment done; I’m dizzy and so very sleepy. All that without any medication or drugs. Just fear.

 

I tell you how I didn’t drowned is beyond me. I have never felt so much water in a dentist. I got a shower. My hair, face and shoulders soaked.

 

I had those not so attractive glasses on and looked a right one but still the water got under them. As for the bib they put on me? I needed a rain coat.

 

Anyway, got home, glad to be home and now totally exhausted, I will sleep tonight. I still don’t know where the heck I am.

 

Teen worked today and is home now but going out later to the gym.

 

Sorry I didn’t write a blog yesterday, but was busy going to our friends Trix, Hanz and Likes. Yes funny names. Bless them.

Well, we got to the train station; we have seen a lot of that place of late. This time we were met by a very nice man from Italy. Yes he did work there, he wasn’t just a random person, he walked so slowly, I was almost dragging him, but he was lovely and did get us to our seats this time. It’s only half an hour from Trix’s house. Sadly a nightmare by taxi from ours to the station though and so deer. Almost £12 and it’s only two and a half miles there.

 

Anyway, we got there and as always had a lovely day. They are our dearest friends and Trix was my best friend way back when we were six and seven when we first met. My first night at awful boarding school, I was put in a bed next to her in the dormitory, I didn’t know it at the time until the next day when the dragon woke us up with steam coming from her mouth, but when I learned that Trix was near me, I befriended her and after six years of being friends, she went her way me mine at different schools and 28 years later, we were reunited.

We are the same now as we were as kids. We will be there forever for each other. And now her family are mine. I love them. My adorable Hanz, even calls me aunty. And I think of her as my Niece.

 

As for Like, Trix’s Husband, I love him. The whole family were there including the little addition to the family who is a funny little bunny. Trix did some lovely food and we exchanged Christmas gifts.

 

It was a great day and I am truly grateful to know of such good people. People who stick by you through thick and thin. True friends.

 

We got back and saw to the dogs, we couldn’t be too long as we had left them on their own, then we had to wait for the Mafia, really, another blog, it wasn’t a good wait, believe me. Let’s just say, Hub and I were not too comfortable with who came to our door, but as I say another blog for another day…

 

Okay, now Hub is in the garage. Kind of links to yesterday’s story… So I must help him, or maybe not? Hahahah.

 

January looks to be filling up. Our girls are coming soon can’t wait to see them and our friend is coming too from Scotland and great news, my little Niece is coming to see us with the little ones. Really looking forward to that, then Trix and family are coming through at some point too. I’m a very lucky Fifi Blogget. And a very happy one that she has all of you as my Bloggets. Tomorrow the last day of the year, a reflective blog and if I get time I will write about our visitors yesterday. Until then, with love. X

No comments: